Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else tired of these calls? I must have received over a hundred of ‘em. How do they expect anybody to change their mind. Everyone I know gets them all the time. Makes me not answer the phone.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
I don't answer unless I recognize the number. But they've gotten really good about using fake caller ID and actually made me answer a couple times when it looked like a familiar number!
They never leave a message if I don't answer, and occasionally I answer, but don't speak, and eventually the recording starts playing.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,977 Posts
extended warranty.jpg

·
Registered
387 Posts
I was getting upwards of 20 to 30 spam callers a day so I ended up installing an app that blocks ALL calls except people in my address book. What's nice is that it doesn't ring or show any notifications when a spam call comes in, but it still shows the call in a protected area when you log into your phone and go to the app. If someone not in your address book calls and leaves a message, the phone doesn't ring, but you'll still get the message in a protected area. You can also disable the app if you're expecting a call from someone, but don't have them in your address book. The name of the app is Calls Blacklist - Call Blocker by Vlad Lee and it's completely free! Yes, there are ads, but they're only in the bottom 1/4" of the screen when you go into the app to check for calls. VERY unobtrusive. I've had it for over a year now and absolutely LOVE it! I've no association with the author of the app, just passing this along.

Ed

·
Registered
66,978 Posts
all scammers, they are just looking for any personal info on you. just ignore or answer/hang-up.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
All the time...I've also been told that my SSN is frozen bc I have been caught in undisclosed criminal activity. I usually dial that one in and have fun with them on that one.

·
Registered
36,732 Posts
Those people are trying to sell you an aftermarket warranty. I get offers in the mail about them all the time.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
The ones I get are always from Amy. If I am bored I answer and then tell the dude that I want to talk to Amy not some random dude trying to scam me. I just wonder how many people actually fall for their scam?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I haven't used it in a while but the best thing I ever did to a spammer was act like I couldn't hear them. I would just keep telling them I could barely hear them and they would just keep getting louder. You know they were in a room in a call center full of people who were looking at them. Finally I just told them I couldn't hear them and hung up.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Those people are trying to sell you an aftermarket warranty. I get offers in the mail about them all the time.
Ditto. I get the same nonsense, except they tell me my warranty with them is about to expire. Funny thing, I never had one with them to begin with. A royal PITA, Carmine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I received it as well, they don't accept no for an answer. It's crazy because they don't just contact me through phone but so as on my email.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I like the guy that pretends to answer the scammer and tells him to hang on while he tells "someone" else to make sure they don't touch the body until coroner gets there, then goes back to the scammer and asks "so how do you know Mr. whatever" - it's funny as hell!

Reactions: 55 Tony

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Still have a land line. Useless, never answer it as it’s 95% spoofing. Occasionally glance at the message indicator. Cost is free, pkg. w/ internet. Same mgmt for cell except I can recognize when those in my address book and answer it. Not while I’m driving.
Pretty much all communication technologies including USPS are corrupted to a higher degree than their usefulness. So far the Messaging feature on my iPad seems untouched.
Those I know that have bought the after factory warranty get taken by the same scheme as a doctors visit. IE you need this, this & this. Service performed by Eedjits.

·
Registered
365 Posts
When I accidently pick up one of these calls I enjoy letting them go through their spiel and then very seriously act dumfounded and say " I didn't realize the warranty on my 57 Chevy was already up?" All I hear is a click.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Just had one of these calls on Easter Sunday. I don’t usually give tIme for the computer to connect the call before I hang up, but I had to see who would have the nerv to call on Easter. Good grief.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts