Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to find a space saver tire for the Nomad well for past 3 days with no luck. In checking several sites on the internet, I found it stated the older wagons, including the Nomad had 5" (or 5 x 5) pattern. All 4 wrecking yards I went to said I needed 4-3/4" pattern. I have not removed the mag wheel to actually check measurement on the studs. Guess maybe I'll have to unless someone can enlighten me...Thanks

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
All tri-5's were 5 studs on a 4 3/4" bolt circle. Most GM cars used the same bolt pattern for many years. I have some wheels from a 83 Malibu wagon on my 57 to roll it around the garage. I think the Malibu had a space saver spare.

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,392 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are all 4 3/4" Chevy is good for consistancy :)
Only thing I have to support wheel size is many years ago I swapped wheels with a friend who had a '56 nomad before a street fair. The wheels fit fine.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Only Chevy cars I know of with the truck bolt pattern were 80's and 90's Caprices for fleet service (cop car, taxi, etc)

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
5x4 3/4 bolt pattern was standard for years on Chevrolet passenger cars in either 14 or 15 inch rim dia, unless you somehow have "fleet service" hubs off of an 80's full size like a Caprice that were primarily used for like taxi's or patrol cars that used the 5x5 bolt pattern, that is what pattern rim should fit your Nomad. My '57 sedan delivery was the 5x4 3/4 pattern.

·
Registered
1957 Belair wagon, 51 HenryJ
1,878 Posts
As said 90% of GM's including a lot of full size cars( including Corvettes up into the 80's) used the 5 on 4-3/4 BC. My 88 Caprice estate wagon used the 5 on 5 BC

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
When Chevy put disk brakes on as std equip on full size Inpala/ Caprice in 1971 they all had disk brakes with 5 on 5 bolt pattern, In 77 up I have seen it go both ways. As Arcadion stated 78-88 G body is a good place to look for a 4 3/4 space saver. Additionally so is S10 and 82 up Camaro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts