Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get a replacement vacuum booster pin/rod? I have a booster, but it's for a deep bore master and I have a shallow bore one. I need to replace the long rod/pin coming off the booster with a short one but can't seem to find them available.

Any help?

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Easy if you have a lathe.

Thought someone in your family was a machinist.
I'm not sure if the pin is threaded that deep. But yes, my pop has a Bridgeport.

I cannot, to save my life, find anyone who sells just the pin/rod. Ugh.

·
Premium Member
15,008 Posts
Each brand booster will have a different part for the pin and if you don't know where it came from it may be a mute point. It would be easier and likely cheaper than replacing a booster to get a deep bore master and call it a day.

·
Registered
35,565 Posts
Far as I know the only GM cars that used the deep cup master cylinder with a booster were the late 60s cars that first had the dual master cylinders. No idea if the booster end of the pin is the same as later boosters or not. Also individual parts for boosters (even rebuild parts like diaphragms) are not all that easy to find.

I shortened the pin for my hydroboost as it was about 1/8" too long. Easy job with the right tools.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah this pin is probably over an inch long and I need it to be probably no longer than 3/8". I may have to buy a new booster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts