Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
first car i ever bought was my 55 sedan. all the other cars were either gifts from my parents or friends...technically my first 3 vehicles i ever bought were 55's. sedan, then hardtop, then my truck. and i never thought i would buy anything with fuel injection. never once considered buying a new car except for a new mercedez...too expensive for me right now. then out of the blue, i thougt about riding again. had a 59 sportster magneto kick start only when i was 21. blew the lower end to smithereens on the freeway one day. it was a bad ass bike. then i just got the bug, pops bought his old 45 flat head back from the guy he sold it to 30 years ago, also has a 96 ci stroker shovel head kick start only. uncle has a 1200 sportster and 58 panhead, cousin has a 93 road king. i know a lot of friends and family that ride. ditched my overpriced girlfriend and her family, got a better paying job after graduating and bought a brand new 2013 sportster. (does that count for a mid life crisis) 50 mpgs, which is actually quite nice compared to the 8 mpg 454 i run in my gasser. put 270 street miles in in 6 days of riding, breaking in the motor. runs good, starts good, no wrenching necessary. brand new, looks sharp and clean. people always ask if it's my first bike. i laugh. i was in the middle of building a hardtail sportster. i looked into the new bikes. deal was sweet enough. still might finish the hardtail sportster and sell it. evo 5 speed with 80 spoke rims. complete motor and trans and springer front end.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Good luck with the bike. I'm riding about 50 years. Just be careful out there, it's a lot different now what with everyone texting and talking on cell phones. When ever I'm out on my Roadking I drive like I'm expecting everyone to try and hit me. I expect them to do just exactly what they are not supposed to do.

Keep the shiny side up!

Don

·
R.I.P. Sept. 8, 2018 Senior Member 2 Gol
2,665 Posts
I only ride out in the country if possible. Much rather take my chances with the critters. They seem much smarter than your average cage driver.
Enjoy that sporty. :congrats:

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Good luck on the streets & hiways among the texters, makeup appliers, eaters, etc......but also beware of the few hot shots that think they are Evil Kneville......:tu
Cowboy :flag6:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nice!

as already said watch out there had a buddy on bike a car pulled out in front of him then the lady never stopped once they hit. he was ok broken leg but did not have a cast. bike had few scratches.

:anim_25:

·
Registered
67,738 Posts
congrats, have fun with it. :tu ........................................Wheres the pics

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
started riding 12 years ago. but yeah, my pops has ridden harley's since the early 70's. he told me, ride like they are trying to run you over. and they are! as far as the indian...i could have bought a japanese indian...aka. you know what i'm about to say. i'm always looking out, whether in my 55 or the bike. that's just how i ride or drive now. mostly the car was looking out for stupid people and cops.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Cool, feels good to be on two wheels huh? My ex didn't want me to get another bike, one reason she's my ex. I got a 1982 Goldwing about 4 years ago, rode the wheels off it, got lucky a year and a half ago on my birthday and found an 04 Roadking with 34k miles for $5k! Has 51k on it now, got paid to ride to Jacksonville twice for work last year, too much fun. Been riding with the Patriot Guard Riders also. Hey, that's a great trade, an overpriced girlfriend and her fam for a Sporty!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Sweet. Good for you. Enjoy your ride.

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
i lost my desire to ride one day scooting down the highway,but there is no more freeer feeling in the world,be safe

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Good luck with the bike. I'm riding about 50 years. Just be careful out there, it's a lot different now what with everyone texting and talking on cell phones. When ever I'm out on my Roadking I drive like I'm expecting everyone to try and hit me. I expect them to do just exactly what they are not supposed to do.

Keep the shiny side up!

Don
X2 I've also been riding a long time, it's a different world. Be Safe :flag6: Blake

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
Good luck on the streets & hiways among the texters, makeup appliers, eaters, etc......but also beware of the few hot shots that think they are Evil Kneville......:tu
Cowboy :flag6:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive
Mickey is so right! But I do hope that you do get to get out there and put some serious miles on the clock. Full face helmet remember. Nobody likes a smile with teeth full of bugs :sign0020::sign0020:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts