Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
3,540 Posts
I've read in a few places that some guys are making anchors/ties to the tops of these if they set them up inside so that, in the event of a power failure, the top doesn't come down on the car. Obviously, you can't do that outside unless you have some nice trees I guess.

· Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
I've read in a few places that some guys are making anchors/ties to the tops of these if they set them up inside so that, in the event of a power failure, the top doesn't come down on the car. Obviously, you can't do that outside unless you have some nice trees I guess.
That's a good idea. When I roll it out again I will look to see if there are any anchor loops on the top.

· Registered
1,797 Posts
My place has a back up generator. I set it to come on instantly when a power failure comes during the painting time. It takes about 5-8 seconds to make the transfer (not really instant) but it is quick enough. I inflated it and cut the breaker. It just started to drop when the back up switched. Still kind of scary.

While it was still up, I took a wet mop to the floor. I found no residue, and I was spraying dark metallic. The filter was black however. It still looks real clean. Only thing I found was some black residue around some of the seams which is where you can feel some air escaping. Again, I believe the extra exhaust fan is a must.

The whole thing breathes when up. That's why the continual blower. Otherwise I guess you would just blow it up and put in a plug.
I sounds like a stellar setup, when the weather warms I’m going to have to take a close look at the neighbors…..definitely worth the investment! You did good, thanks for sharing the adventure so far!

· Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
What is the lighting situation in this system.
I have a lot of light, 12, 6 bulb LED 4 footers in the shop so it is pretty bright. The uprights and top are white, the front is clear and the sides have 2 large clear windows. The ambient light is almost as bright as not being it the booth. I still used 2 stand lights and one floor light when I was painting so I had no trouble seeing where the clear was going. I put one right outside the large window so it was not in the way inside. Along the top and about 1/2 way down each pillar there are sewn in metal hooks you could hang lights on as well. I thought about stringing those cheap 4 ft led lights you can daisy chain together along there.

You can see well enough probably for the basecoat without additional lighting, but why. Just throw a few extra in there.

· Premium Member
3,131 Posts
Could i ask how much it was $
Hey, don't ever ask questions like that on here.

You realize our wives read this forum from time to time, how the heck are we going to tell them it was just a couple bucks if the truth is right here for the world to see?

· Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
11,055 Posts
Hmmm.. if it's 100F outside in the sun, it's sure to be 120F or so INSIDE that bubble... :)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts