Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I chased down and bought a nice 56 post up in Mass. and I hired a transport company to delivery it to me in Okla. Well after a week and 1/2 they still dont have it on a truck!! They said the pipes were lower than 4 inches so they could not drive it up on to a regular transport. Now they have another division they have turned it over to that uses low boys etc. to haul with. This is crazy...get some bailing wire and tie up the pipe. They told me the drivers just wont do that so I have to wait. I even paid an extra $250 to get the car here by the sixteenth so I could go to an annual show. Anyone in Mass. have some bailing wire and willing to help?

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Can't the seller be of any help here? :anim_25:getting her home... Later, Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I said Mass. it is actually now sitting in Pikesville, maryland.
I figured a F*** guy could maybe loan some on a short term...

·
Registered
247 Posts
where in mass did you get the car? I bought my 55 from a guy in southern ma and had the same probleg getting my car, It only took 3 weeks for me, but my seller had the car comming from his dads house in fla. I was a little nervous but finnally got my car. good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well they are telling me now it is the headers that are to low. They must be at least 4" off the ground.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
pump up the front tires, get the seller to put some taller tires on it, and ask for a refund on that "extra $250.00 to get it by the 16th". !!

68,758 Posts
i do feel for you penny. the glass is half full. there will be other shows, be glad they are doing it the right way. when you have the 56, you will not even remember this. :anim_25:

·
Registered
559 Posts
I had to wait about a month for my 55 to get here from Montana. Carriers just don't go from the North pole to the South pole everyday. As my old uncle used to say "Patience jack***, Patience"! It makes you anticipate it coming home more than ever.
John F

·
Registered
274 Posts
How did they get it from Mass to Md. Can't they use the same trailer to bring it to you? :confused0006::confused0006:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts