Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my body off the frame,sitting on jackstands and 4x4s. While I work on the frame. Should I weld in braces? To keep the body stright,in the mean time.:confused0006::confused0006:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
braces...oops

Do you think I might have tweaked the body?And if so how do I fix it?Thank you for all of your help. Patrick

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
What body style? I don't think you have anything to worry about. Here's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I took the body off the frame of my 57 2 dr ht, about 12 or 14 years ago, before I knew there were any forums on the web. I didn't know you HAD to brace anything. I put the body on a rotisserie, loaded it on a trailer, without a single brace, and hauled it to a media blaster. Hauled it back home, still on the rotisserie, cut the full floors out, welded floor halves and complete trunk and tail pan in. Still on the rotisserie and no braces. Put it back on the frame and everything is aligned just fine.

7,082 Posts
Bracing needs to be done first while on the frame if necessary. Just my experiences. Mine is 2 dr hdt, stripped, no glass or int, with doors and trunk on. No bracing. Solid body. On and off frame 3 times on blocks and 2x6s with no ill effects.

Agree Don, we were typing at the same time, same experience. Lloyd

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
braces

It's a 210 post. Thankyou to all that have posted back to me.Just to be on the safe side,i'm going to put it on my new frame,bolt it down.Then put the braces in.Once again thanks for the info.
Patrick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts