Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a front disk conversion. I purchased the car that way. The guy I purchased the car from said the brake lights stay on. So when you drive, you have to lift the brake pedal with your foot, so the brake lights wont stay on. I thought, no big deal. I'l just replace the brake pedal spring. I removed the brake pedal assembly from the car. There was no spring at all. I purchased a new spring from Danchuck. I istalled the new brake pedal spring, greased the brake pedal shaft/plastic inserts and re-installed. It seemed to be moving freely. Once I connected the clevis pin to brake pedal, everything seemed to move freely with brake pedal return. I drove the car, parked it, and noticed the brake light were on again. Could the booster be bad? is there anything else I should be checking? Not sure who makes this booster. I looked in the magazines and on line. They all look the same. Gold anodized booster. I assume its from Danchuck or CCP. Please advise. Thanks in advance

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,691 Posts
Also, check the adjustment on your brake switch, before replacing the booster.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Also, check the adjustment on your brake switch, before replacing the booster.
Sure sounds like a mis-adjusted brake light switch!

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,691 Posts
Sure sounds like a mis-adjusted brake light switch!
There have been several cases where a bad booster does not return the rod all the way to the top, after the pedal is depressed.

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
I had the same problem with a Performance On Line disc brake conversion kit i purchased a while ago. Brake light always stayed on, as far as i am concerned the booster is junk, including the second booster they gave me.

I finally plumbed in a pressure brake light switch into the front disc brake lines, and the solved my sticky brake light switch.

Try this, with the motor off and no vacuum to the booster, i could hit my brake lights 20 times, and the brake lights would shut off every time, but as soon as i fired up the motor and supplied vacuum to the booster, the brake pedal would not re-turn enough to turn the brake lights off.

If you get bored, you can read this thread on all the problems i had with the kit...http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69858

:anim_25:
Rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts