·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,430 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you.

The reason I asked the question is that some of the vendors state either; to suit rear or front.

I have a front drum that adjusts, locks after reversing into the garage, and frees up after driving.

I have a complete rear end I rebuilt for my 57 around 12 years ago with machined rear drums.(now have surface rust). I think that my drum on the car may have a high spot.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Yep the drums are intercahngeable, but shoes aren't. I upgraded to disc on the front. The better drums were the front compared to the rear. Put the front drums on the rear, ordered front shoes. Couldn't get the drums on with the auto adjusting rear set. Reordered rear shoes, and all went together nicely!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Thank you.

The reason I asked the question is that some of the vendors state either; to suit rear or front.

I have a front drum that adjusts, locks after reversing into the garage, and frees up after driving.

I have a complete rear end I rebuilt for my 57 around 12 years ago with machined rear drums.(now have surface rust). I think that my drum on the car may have a high spot.
I have two front drums off a 57 with the tapered bearing conversion here if you want them come and get them. Complete backing plate to drum including shoes which are not very old I dont think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.