Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Has anyone ran their brake line down the drivers side frame rail. I’ve got a 55 sedan delivery. Frame just back from sandblasted. Going to be dual exhaust. Also wany to put on prop dial on frame for from to rest distribution. Any advice and pics most Appreciated. Thank You
ps. Want to put fuel line on inside of pass frame.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Yes, ran mine down DS when I went through the brake system. Much straighter run w/ fewer connections. You’ll need to bend up a crossover for the front PS brake. I wasn’t successful in doing it in one piece, had to place a coupling on top of the crossover member.
Instead of hiding the fuel line in the frame I kept the original V8 location and encased it in right angle stock for T-bone protection. My thought was I wouldn’t be able to inspect for wear from vibration or any leak that might develop inside. Inside would be much cleaner, but I was on a safety kick at the time.
FB756646-62DF-4D3C-B423-0C50FF24E70C.png
R
AEA076F0-2427-4B9F-8292-9C83DAF96352.png

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Nice idea, but if your worried about vibration of the line rubbing. I would drill a 1/8 hole in a couple of spots and just give a shot with the little plastic nozzle of expandable foam and at the ends too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know. Sometimes one can over think things ( don’t we all) lol
i have 2- Chevelles. 67-69 and a couple of Mopar’s. Not one of them have fuel or brake lines on outside of rails ( well Mopar’s are unibody). I have all pre Bent lines for my 55 sedan delivery, just waiting for frame to come back from sandblaster. I’m going to have a good look and probably run fuel down pass side and brake lines down drivers, even if the pre bent lines have to be re and re.
OR would you just do both down pass side as manual shows ??? Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts