Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I have the body off the frame I am moving on to plumbing the brakes. I'm useing a 4 disc set up. My question is what size brake lines should I use front and rear?

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Bruce, I ran 3/16ths from the mster cylinder to both 'in' ports on the porportioning valve. From the valve I ran 3/16ths to the rear and 3/16ths to the junction block that fed the left front and the right front. From that junction I ran 1/4 inch across the front to the right front junction and from it to the right front wheel I ran 3/16ths again. Your setup is somewhat different to mine in you have 4 wheel disc. If your porportioning valve has 4 outlets, I would run 3/16ths all the way.

·
Registered
641 Posts
It depends on how the system will be run. If you are running 4 lines from the master, then 3/16" line is adequate for each wheel.

If you are running one line from a proportioning valve to the rear brakes, it needs to be 1/4" then split to 3/16" to each wheel.

3/16" is fine for each front wheel in either configuration.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,

I called Baer Brakes yesterday and they had no idea. I think what I'm after is useing the same size and design and GM used on the C4 Vette, With all the trouble I had with my last brake set up the car I want to make sure I di it right this time.:eek:

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I called Clissic Brakes, They told me to run 3/16'' all the way front and back. That's what they sell for the 84-96 Vettes. I 'm off to do some plumbing. Yee Haw!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts