Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Cragar SS rims on my 57 Chevy. The driver side front wheel lugs came loose (lost 2, other 3 were loose. It has been a while since the wheel was removed, so I am sure that the lugs were tight. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I have Cragar SS rims on my 57 Chevy. The driver side front wheel lugs came loose (lost 2, other 3 were loose. It has been a while since the wheel was removed, so I am sure that the lugs were tight. Thoughts?
Although I haven't had a problem yet, I believe custom wheels/lugs have a way of loosening up and need to be checked often. Also be sure to torque them.

·
Registered
68,758 Posts
had the same problem with my keystone. have to be torqued. haven't lost any since (knock on wood). .............:stupido2: not sure of how much

·
Administrator
49,813 Posts
I figure mag wheels are like factory aluminum wheels. The say to torque them down and then recheck them at every oil change. I like to lost one on my 1989 chevy 4x4. After that i checked mine every oil change for sure. Cost me 130.00 for parts to fix the lug nuts and studs, not counting my time. But i could have lost a lot more since i just got home from a curvy 2 lane country road when i found it.
Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.