Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home from a 12 hour trip to get my 55 that I got off Ebay...I'm too tired to get pics right now but I will tomorrow...The car and I were both born in 55:D

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Welcome.....I'm a 56 model myself! However,my wife is an old 55 also.Tell us about your eBay experience.....Good or bad??

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I'd also like to hear the details of the ebay experience....did you get the car inspected, was it what you expected, any problems? More and more people are buying or thinking of buy a car from ebay sellers, so it'd be great to hear from someone who did. Thanks for joining us (saw you over on the musclecarowners.com, too!)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome

Hey Very Cool . Just Love Those Shoeboxe 55 .I Bought Mine Off E-bay Also. Got A Great Car. But I Got It Shipped Site Unseen. Took A Chance And Got Lucky I Guess. When It Got He I Found Out It Was A Orig Calif. Car. Very Solid. No Rust.
Had A Bad Week This Week. I Had A Contractor Pull In My Driveway To Delierver Some Matrial And When He Was Unloading His Truck, He Dropped A Box On My Driver Side Door. Knocked Of The Mirrow. And Dented In Door. Needless To Say I Was Sick. But Now I'm Getting It Fixed And A New Paint Job Because The Body Shop Couldn't Matcth The Paint. . The Company's. Insurance Is Going To Pay For It. I'm Happy Now.

Lets See Some Pic's Of That 55 .Seeya...Doug

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Late 55 said:
Welcome.....I'm a 56 model myself! However,my wife is an old 55 also.Tell us about your eBay experience.....Good or bad??
It was a good Ebay experience.The guy under-represented the car to some degree and it was better than I was expecting.I have bought several other cars(not 55s) off ebay and so far I have done very well overall.I'll post pictures and progress reports as I go with this project.Looking forward to being a part of this forum.I will be loooking to buy taillite and parklite bezels and lenses and it looks like there's some good deals on that stuff on ebay...anybody else have any good suggestions on this???

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks like you have a good start, good luck with your project. I am a 50 model myself, so I am still a little older than my car..welcome to the site!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice ride!

Daffy said:
I just got home from a 12 hour trip to get my 55 that I got off Ebay...I'm too tired to get pics right now but I will tomorrow...The car and I were both born in 55:D
It looks like a nice find! Good luck with your project! There are a lot of tri-five veterans on this sight, so it will be helpful when you need an answer.Scott

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome to the site. That looks like a beauty for sure. Keep us posted and add those photos as you go. It's wonderful to follow the restoration of such a treasure.

Steve

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
chevman57 said:
If the other side looks as good as the drivers then it looks like you did pretty good.
Terry
The side showing is the bad side cause of the rocker panel...I started sanding on the car last night and was delighted to find that most of the cracking(appeared to be a lot of filler) was in the primer itself.Theres a lot of little dings and dents(as one would expect) but it's gonna be a fairly painless body and paint project.:D Progress pics to come.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I'm impressed with your enthusiasm! I'd still be "looking" at it and you're already sanding it! WOW, that's what I call energy! :) Gives me a bit of a push to get moving on mine.

Looking forward to the progress pics.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Worked on it a little more tonite and have now confirmed that there are NO major issues on this body:D I'm planning on painting her in the next two weeks

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.