Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

401 - 410 of 410 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,125 Posts
You've handled it quite well, but something about the idea smells rotten to me.
EDIT...
For one thing once you get the car out somebody somewhere is going to think that YOU copied the model, instead of the other way around. Meanwhile the company collects profits off of YOUR design and build. Shady stuff! .

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It may be worth looking into for copyright as stated...... just in case, hell I see wardrobe coming next I’m in for a hoodie!
You have a sweet build going and peeps are watching, I’d LoJack it if cost was within reach.

There was a guy here who had a clean flared candy red 55 that sported raised spindles and a slew of old parts tunnel ram with twin 390’s been in local scene for a long while, he was followed home after a show staked out then GOT! Took several weeks got back a shell lumped to hell, then he died shortly after not sure causes but heartbreak comes to mind.

·
Premium Member
13,125 Posts
It may be worth looking into for copyright as stated...... just in case, hell I see wardrobe coming next I’m in for a hoodie!
You have a sweet build going and peeps are watching, I’d LoJack it if cost was within reach.

There was a guy here who had a clean flared candy red 55 that sported raised spindles and a slew of old parts tunnel ram with twin 390’s been in local scene for a long while, he was followed home after a show staked out then GOT! Took several weeks got back a shell lumped to hell, then he died shortly after not sure causes but heartbreak comes to mind.
A friend had an extremely nice high buck custom Harley. His wife convinced him that he’d had his fun, and was time to sell. Listed it, got a few calls saying they’d like to see it. He pulled it out and washed and polished. He had it in the driveway in front of the open garage. People never showed up. He went out to pull it back in, and guess what? Never seen again.

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
At least he got something back!
In 1971 I got my black '55 150 gasser stolen and never seen again. I posted rewards in local papers, and Nickel Ads, but never got a response. Still wonder where it went?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #407 ·
Appreciate the sentiments, guys. I will properly insure this car as I have my Firebird should some thieves get their slimy hands on it. As for the replica diecast, it's only a handful of customizers out there doing this, and the value of publicity in it for me is worth more than the few hundred bucks I could have made by selling decals. Besides, as a designer of Hot Wheels if I were to start selling my own customs, decals, or items within this category, building my own brand, etc. I'd be competing with my own job and that would be a conflict of interest for my work which wouldn't be good.

Even with my Firebird, I had that car on the road for two + years before my replica Hot Wheels came along. I still occasionally get asked which one came first at shows. It has taught me that there'll always be some folks who don't know the story, and I don't mind educating them.

·
Premium Member
13,125 Posts
Appreciate the sentiments, guys. I will properly insure this car as I have my Firebird should some thieves get their slimy hands on it. As for the replica diecast, it's only a handful of customizers out there doing this, and the value of publicity in it for me is worth more than the few hundred bucks I could have made by selling decals. Besides, as a designer of Hot Wheels if I were to start selling my own customs, decals, or items within this category, building my own brand, etc. I'd be competing with my own job and that would be a conflict of interest for my work which wouldn't be good.

Even with my Firebird, I had that car on the road for two + years before my replica Hot Wheels came along. I still occasionally get asked which one came first at shows. It has taught me that there'll always be some folks who don't know the story, and I don't mind educating them.
Still smells like a weeks old rotted skunk to me. I used to really like their stuff, but will about spit on their products now. I’m totally OFF their customer list!

·
Registered
296 Posts

Cool stuff, I was at the ADM show a couple years ago with my 29 and someone said the Hot Wheels guy came by looking for me, I never did run into him, maybe it was you!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #410 ·
Cool stuff, I was at the ADM show a couple years ago with my 29 and someone said the Hot Wheels guy came by looking for me, I never did run into him, maybe it was you!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
With luck, I'll be able to attend with my '55 this summer. Supposedly it's on for August 28th, but I don't see it on their website yet.

401 - 410 of 410 Posts