Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone enlighten me as to what hi-back bucket seats fit well in the 55 Bel Air? I have heard several 60's models will fit, anyone have any specific one's that fit?

1st time poster here and looking forward to all of your wisdom...:bowtieb:

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
First of all, welcome to the site from Sacramento, Ca. I do not think any will 'fit' but they can all be made to work.
Jim

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Welcome Tn55, I have 85 corvette seats in mine, as Jim said, you have to make the brackets. You can see them in my photo album.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for warm welcomes......looking forward to learning alot....I am about 45 days away from 100% restoration on my 55 Bel Air 2 door.:blowtiedb:

·
Administrator
49,962 Posts
Welcome to Tri Five. It all depends in what you want in the seat. Many here don`t like high backs. I like them in a sedan myself, like the ones i have in my 57 are real comfortable.
Terry

·
Registered
488 Posts
if you want some high back's i have seen some out of a duster that looked ok , but in my honest opinion, i just dont like the way high back seats look in these cars, i just dont like to be walking up to a tri 5 and the first thing you see are those seats sticking up above the window. i have a set of 64 impala seats , they are very comfortable the chrome trim looks great and with these cars they soak up all that chrome and just smile back at you.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
I used 2002 Silverado x-Cab for the seat belts, I also cut down the head rest to lower their profile.

Jim

·
Registered
853 Posts
High back bucket seats

Its just a matter of opinion - what do you like in YOUR ride. Here is a shot of mine - 98 S10 Blazer seats and the console from the drink holders back is from the same Blazer -

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
if you want some high back's i have seen some out of a duster that looked ok , but in my honest opinion, i just dont like the way high back seats look in these cars, i just dont like to be walking up to a tri 5 and the first thing you see are those seats sticking up above the window. i have a set of 64 impala seats , they are very comfortable the chrome trim looks great and with these cars they soak up all that chrome and just smile back at you.
The only thing better than 64 SS seats is 65, same seat & chrome but the tracks are easier to adapt to 55-57. Another nice option is Corvair. I do not think late model seats or any other with headrest belongs in a 50s era car.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Here's a shot of '07 Lexus seats in a '56...saw this car at a show in Denver last weekend

It was in this car

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
There is a really nice set of black 65 Impala buckets for sale on E-bay today. They are not mine, mine are NOT for sale!

Don

·
Administrator
49,962 Posts
Hi Jim, in your photo, what is that material that I see on the underside of your roof? Thanx, Carmine.

Carmine, Jims looks very similar to what i used, which is a jute type insulation with the foil backing.
Terry

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Hi Jim, in your photo, what is that material that I see on the underside of your roof? Thanx, Carmine.
It is insulation I bought from a Vette Club on eBay a couple years ago. It is like the insulation at the AC supply store, double sided foil and the bubbles in between.
Jim

1 - 20 of 25 Posts