Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of 67 Camaro buckets from a buddy. I haven't mocked them up yep and I wanted to get your opinion. They are in pretty nice shape for how long they have been sitting around. I figure I will need to raise them some how. What is everyone else running? Pics anyone?
Cam

· Administrator
50,536 Posts
Bucket seat type is pretty much a personal choice. Some want an old school look some more of a performance look, and other want a higher back seat. I went with a newer set with seat belts builtin myself. Those should look good in a tri five too.
Terry

· Trifive Facebook Admin
10,551 Posts
I agree with Terry, its what you want, almost any seat can be made to fit, but it may look strange to some and be uncomfortable to others. My only concern with the Camaro seats is that they sit so low that you will have to build them up a lot, it will work, just may be a bit more work.

Randy

· RIP 11/24/2021
68,223 Posts
might want to take a look at danchuk's procar seats & seat adapter bracket. :anim_25:

· Registered
951 Posts
I'm shooting for a 60's style and going with 63 Pontiac Buckets. The 2nd pic is a car with Impala seats in it. (very similar)

View attachment 27972

View attachment 27973
I like that style with the chrome trim. I also really like the new GTO seats reworked without the headrests. I prefer the lowback look, but I'm putting 04 trailblazer seats in mine cause they have the built-in seatbelts.

· Registered
1,077 Posts
The problem that I found with pony car seats is that they look soooooo small in a tri-five's interior. Not to mention the riser that you have to build to see over the wheel.:D

Full-size car seats look better, but around here are many $$$$. If you can get seats like King Karl...:tu

I was going to use the new tahoe style seat (I got mine form an '02 2500 Chevy, they were cheap - like $150 pair cheap) I've put 180,000 plus miles on my P/U with the same seats and they are quite comfortable. They are leather and heated, and power with belts... but they didn't look right in a gasser, so I'll save them for another project.

I plan to keep looking for the right seats and run some that I got from a '90's bonneville until then.

Good luck with your decision.

Later,

Mike

· RIP: 12-31-2011
2,855 Posts
It's a little known fact that 60 to 65 Corvair use the big bucket seats like the full size GM cars do. Keep your eyes open and you just might get a whole car cheap. Remove the seats and sell the rest. In fact if you come up with a rust free 65 let me know LOL!
Rick

· Registered
6,455 Posts
I had 69 Camaro seats in my Delivery. They sat too low and felt too small. Not much to keep you from sliding around in them either. This time I have 05 Dodge Stratus buckets with the seat belt built in and electric driver side.

· Administrator & Tech Articles
55,784 Posts
IMHO....You can't beat a pair of these 62-65 Chevy buckets in a TriFive :):tu They look period correct for the car.

· Registered
2,125 Posts
Not sure but I think mine are out of a 70s Cutlass! They were in the car when I got it. The lean forward by pushing in a chrome buttom in the middle of the seat back!

· Registered
4,963 Posts
I agree, i like the ss impala buckets. The wide chrome trim band and low backs just fits the tri- five interior visually. Plus they are darn comfortable. I have them in my 65 SS and my dad once had a 56 back in 67 when i was a kid and it had the complete interior out of a 64 impala SS ( SAME SEATS 62,63,64 AND 65 ).

· Registered
3,426 Posts
I agree, i like the ss impala buckets. The wide chrome trim band and low backs just fits the tri- five interior visually. Plus they are darn comfortable. I have them in my 65 SS and my dad once had a 56 back in 67 when i was a kid and it had the complete interior out of a 64 impala SS ( SAME SEATS 62,63,64 AND 65 ).[/QUO

Gotta agree, Ive been looking for a set of these for two years now. ANyone got a set they want to part with?????

Don

· Registered
4,963 Posts
I have been told that the chevy corvair used the same bucket seat frame as the impala SS. I do know that the bucket seat style changed a little after 65. The 66 impala SS buckets looked more like the 66 chevelle buckets than the previous years.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.