Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at one of our local Bi monthly cruse nights earlier this evening here in Jackson, NJ and while walking the rows ignoring those other things with four wheels and only interested in Tri-5's of course me and my little guy spotted this interesting front bumper on a 55 coupe. It may not be as uncommon as I think but what the heck is it? I can't ever recall seeing anything like it before on a Tri-5 possibly foreign like Canadian?

Oh yeah and Butch Patrick aka Eddie Munster was there. I thought the DJ was goofing around but when we walked over there sure enough it was him. Man the DJ wasn't kidding when he said he was a cute kid but look what happened to him now. Sorry no pics guys wasn't that interested in taking a pic with Eddie Munster

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Those were an option and are called auxilary bumper guards... Later, Dave

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,371 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Love the way the factory ad men "chopped" and lowered the cars! That green 4 door ad is way cool!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use to live in jackson NJ !!!!!!

Not sure how long you moved but this show was at Jackson crossings
corner of hope Chapel rd. and Veterans Highway. The really big show avg. 800 cars is up at the outlets down the rd. from Great Adventure.

·
Premium Member
13,057 Posts
Not sure how long you moved but this show was at Jackson crossings
corner of hope Chapel rd. and Veterans Highway. The really big show avg. 800 cars is up at the outlets down the rd. from Great Adventure.
I lived there for about 48 years ,,moved 5 years ago ,,rasied on new central ave,,your talking about " Willy's corner" area as the old timers would call it ,I grew up racing my 1st 55 chevy around town,,,,i moved after i retired couldn't take the taxes anymore or the "people's republic of new jersey" anymore ,I moved to PA ---"where America starts" :tu

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I lived there for about 48 years ,,moved 5 years ago ,,rasied on new central ave,,your talking about " Willy's corner" area as the old timers would call it ,I grew up racing my 1st 55 chevy around town,,,,i moved after i retired couldn't take the taxes anymore or the "people's republic of new jersey" anymore ,I moved to PA ---"where America starts" :tu
Yeah I vaguely remember it being called that now nothing but new WaWa's and strip malls going up around here and mini mansions been here around 10 years and it's nice to see a car friendly town. We have the big monthly cruise night or cruise in if you want to call it that at the outlets, the bi monthly one at Jackson crossings, a weekly one up at the Mug rack diner and then of course a few car shows at the HS and other places around town and more then a few of the sounding towns have the same deals nice to see the hobby is so well received

1 - 11 of 11 Posts