1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
No stickers on my bumpers... I don't want anything hiding the beauty of the chrome... Later, Dave

·
Registered
67,684 Posts
:confused0006: hmm, stickers on my beautiful bumpers. mmmmmmmmm

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
I have a bowtie-trifive sticker on my back window.Oh and I have my bowtie-trifive LICENCE PLATE FRAMES front and rear for the LOW LOW price of $23.00-$24.00 each.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
No stickers on any of my cars, including "collector" cars and daily drivers.

I think they're tacky.

Chuck

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,383 Posts
I was wondering what kind of bumper stickers you guys put on your tri-fives if any? I had a "Kennedy for President" sticker printed and have it on the back of my '57. It's the first thing everyone comments on when they see my car.

http://www.jfklibrary.org/~/media/a...edy for President Campaign Bumper Sticker.gif

That's whats on mine! :sign0020:
That's brilliant actually.
I have decals advertising the old local drag strips -previous owner took my '57 down them many times but they closed decades ago. Most locals don't know they existed.

Oh and a Trifive.com sticker on the window - that's a must!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's brilliant actually.
I have decals advertising the old local drag strips -previous owner took my '57 down them many times but they closed decades ago. Most locals don't know they existed.

Oh and a Trifive.com sticker on the window - that's a must!
Thanks! Thats really cool, my bumper has a 1975 yuba college parking pass. I wont take it off until I re chrome the bumper because in my opinion it adds to the car and its history. I do have a parking pass in my window so I can park in my school parking lot, but I am not sure how long that will be there :sign0020:

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
That's cool,Phil. I used to frequent Fremont's Strip a lot.

Back to the original question...No Stickers.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I might put the bowtie-trifive sticker on my rear corner of my trunk, but thats as far as it goes.

·
Premium Member
Chattanooga TN
5,323 Posts
Maybe an " I Lile Ike " sticker or something period correct for 55-57. (made out of vinyl so that you could take it off easy)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe an " I Lile Ike " sticker or something period correct for 55-57. (made out of vinyl so that you could take it off easy)
Mine is a vista print vinyl bumper sticker, they peel off with no residue from my experience.

·
KINGS X 56 = R.I.P. August 31, 2014Senior Member 2
2,885 Posts
No bumper stickers on any of our vehicles. I like eye candy not eyesores on our rides.

KINGS X 56

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Heres one thats in the side window of my 55. But none on the bumpers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
Back in the day bumper stickers weren't really "stickers". They were light cardboard held on with string wrapped around the bumper. When you stopped to visit some "famous" tourist trap, kids were hired to fasten those signs to your bumper while you were taking in the sights. The signs never hurt the chrome and actually they kept the bugs off the front bumper!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts