Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tell me what you think? the guy in alabama that i got my 57 2d/ht from has a 2001 1 ton truck that has been rolled he wants $2000 for the 502 and 6 speed allison trany with p/s pump / compressor / alternator /brain / harness all matched up and running.ok i know the tranny in worth that alone so thats a no brainer .87000 mi.on it what do you think??? part 2 he also has a 57 4d ht that runs and drives/origanal 283/3 speed. a week ago he wanted 4500 for it and when i called this morning he said he was hurting for money and would take 3700 tell me what you think its worth thanks rusty

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I could just see the looks of people's faces when you pull the hood of that Sport Sedan at car shows and show off the 502 under the hood.

:happy0030:

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,371 Posts
Rusty....Only you know the answer....Are you up for two projects? :confused0006:

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Rusty, At the rate you're moving on your 57 You'll need another project soon!:D It sounds/looks to be a good deal, I'd offer 5 grand for all of it, and I bet it would be yours!

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Uhh!

Rusty - What Will said!:anim_25:

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
rusty man if i had seen that baby before i seen my 55 4 door i would have snapped her up i love the hardtops and i think that is a great price ill bet just like the other gents said throw them together and offer a price and good luck brother .just think what she will look like when shes done one pretty car

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rusty....Only you know the answer....Are you up for two projects? :confused0006:
hi pops havent heard from you in a while .i have read all your post and had a call from otis also the bottom line is i cant bite off more than i can chew so im only buying the 502/tranny if anyboby is interested in the car i will be there in the morning and can take more pics if so my # 615 975 6428 rusty

·
50,371 Posts
hi pops havent heard from you in a while .i have read all your post and had a call from otis also the bottom line is i cant bite off more than i can chew so im only buying the 502/tranny if anyboby is interested in the car i will be there in the morning and can take more pics if so my # 615 975 6428 rusty
Thanks for listening Rusty.....Truly didn't want to P on your parade, so to speak.....Sounds to me like you made the right decision. :):tu

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
i bought the 502 and 6 speed transmission this morning it started rite up and ran smooth

i was wrong its a 496 8.1L the guy i bought it off of said it was a 502 but thats close enough im useing it

·
Registered
529 Posts
Are you sure it's a 6Speed? I thought in 2001 only 5 speeds were available? Still a great transmission, and undoubtedly an awsome drivetrain. Great Find!!!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you sure it's a 6Speed? I thought in 2001 only 5 speeds were available? Still a great transmission, and undoubtedly an awsome drivetrain. Great Find!!!!
your rite its a 5 speed waht could i do to that 496 to get around 450 to 500 hp out of it. keep in mind im not a mechanic but i do want more than 340 hp at 450 lb so put it to me simple:D

·
50,371 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts