Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which years did GM offer C1 in any sort of green?

I see Cascade Green coming up in spec sheets, but not for every year – possibly 56, 57, and 60 (metallic) only?

Interested to know ... just for future reference.

And was the Cascade Green spec in 56 the same as 57?

Probably not particularly popular colours back then or now ... figure some would have been painted over even at the dealer.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
Cascade Green was offered in '56, '57, and 1960. There was also Regal Turquoise in 1958, crown sapphire in 1959, tasco turquoise in 1960. Of course the turquoise colors are a combo of blue and green, and the crown sapphire is mostly blue but with a turquoise look!

It's interesting that Regal Turquoise was one of the most popular Chevy passenger car colors in 1955, but wasn't offered on Corvette until 1958! :)
Cascade green is sort of a 'light turqoise color' (to my eyes)...

As an exercise, I listed all the colors applied to C1 Corvettes thru the years '53 thru 1962. From the 1953-1972 Corvette Pocket Spec Guide:
-------------------------------------------
1953 - polo white ONLY.

1954 - Polo white, black, sportsman red, or pennant blue

1955 - Polo white, pennant blue, harvest gold, gypsy red, or corvette copper

1956 - Onyx black, aztec copper, cascade green, arctic blue, venetian red, polo white

1957 - same as '56 PLUS Inca Silver

1958 - Charcoal, snowcrest white, silver blue, regal turquoise, panama yellow, signet red

1959 - tuxedo black, classic cream, frost blue, crown sapphire, roman red, snowcrest white, inca silver

1960 - tuxedo black, tasco turquoise, horizon blue, honduras maroon, roman red, ermine white, sateen silver, cascade green

1961 - tuxedo black, ermine white, roman red, sateen silver, jewel blue, fawn beige, honduras maroon

1962 - tuxedo black, fawn beige, roman red, ermine white, almond beige, sateen silver, honduras maroon.

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Gary – some good info there!

Just as well I have a thing for the colour green, otherwise this might all be too easy!

Cheers

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts