Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They make a deluxe (sometimes called tall) and a standard cab corner patch panel.

Evidently, the deluxe are made in the US and the standard are made overseas.
One vendor says the deluxe are better stampings. Even though they are called "tall" they both are right about 14" high. The deluxe (tall) are quite a bit more expensive. Are they indeed better and worth the extra cost?

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really don't know about better, but I buy American when possible....
I want the best. Sometimes that's not American and some times it is. If the quality is the same between the two and the price is comparable, I would go the American.
The tall/deluxe cab corner patch panels are twice as much money. I want to make sure that the quality justifies the price. If it does, I'm sold.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am going to be the market go can corner patch panels real soon also and my first question is always what is the guage of the steel. My experiance with PAC rim parts is the steel is thinner and the stampings require more hammer work to line them up. My first preferance is also to buy American first, but honestly, if I was restoring a old Mercadies or Porche, I'd want all German parts on it. With that in mind, I try to leave the PAC Rim parts to the guys working on PAC Rim cars. Just me, others differ & your milage may vary.

Barry

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't believe Pacific Rim makes these patch panels.

I can't seem to find who does make the made in USA ones but for sure Dynacorn makes foreign ones. Don't know if there are any other foreign makes of them though.

I did see one vendor with the foreign ones that stated that they are "Like Original Stamped From Highest Quality Cold Rolled Steel" and that they are "Made From All New Tooling".

·
Registered
174 Posts
Try these guys:

MAR-K Quality Parts 6625 W Wilshire Blvd Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73132
(405) 721-7945 FAX (405) 721-8906

The advertise all their parts "Made in USA" and made to original specifications includeing the gauge thickness of their sheet metal.

BTW, "PAC Rim" is not short for a company named "Pacific Rim". It is a reference to all things made in any country in the Pacific Rim, ie: Japan, China, Korea, India, Tiawan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Phillipines, etc. it is not always a dirisive term, but I did recently tell a tire salesman "I don't put PAC Rim tires on my Corvette", when he tried to talk me into a set of Yokohama tires.

Barry

·
R.I.P. Sept. 8, 2018 Senior Member 2 Gol
2,665 Posts
Roger1 I bought the "tall" patches from Brothers and wondered too why the height was listed as the same. I'm really happy with the quality but have never seen the short ones to compare to. I did have to do a vertical relief cut to get the curve on the rear to line up. I'll gladly pay more for US parts where possible and have never regretted it.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try these guys:
MAR-K Quality Parts 6625 W Wilshire Blvd Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73132
(405) 721-7945 FAX (405) 721-8906
They don't make the cab corners.
I have bought some bed parts from them though. Good company.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts