Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure it's been discussed on here previously, but I couldn't find any info on it. Since Coker Tire is located in Chattanooga, TN, we're generally up to speed on any of the car shows or get togethers held near the city. We're pleased that the Chevrolet Nomad Association has decided to hold its annual Convention here in Chattanooga.

The event is held Sunday July 6th through Friday July 10th, so it's five days of fun in the Scenic City. The event will feature a show-n-shine area, a swap meet, and lots of cool touring, including Kayo Erwin's amazing collection of (mostly) Chevys and many more local attractions. Coker Tire's involvement is an open house on Tuesday, July 8th, starting at 3pm and ending at 5:30pm. The doors will be open to tour the facility, including Corky's Museum and the Honest Charley Speed Shop.

I personally love Nomads, and would love to see a huge turnout for the Convention. Anyone in the area who has a Nomad or knows someone with a Nomad needs to join the fun. Here's a link to the website where you can find more info!

http://www.chevynomadclub.com/CNACONVENTION.html

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
9,199 Posts
I got to say that's kind of an odd date. Sunday through Friday.... Usually events are around a weekend.
To answer your question... it's not just a 'car show'; it's a once a year gathering of Nomad lovers and Nomad friends.. :) Typically from 100 to 300 Nomads will convene..

Nomaders come from all across the country for a once per year convention. They arrive on Sunday for a 'welcome party' Sunday night; this gives them the weekend to drive and get there. Monday is 'Swap Meet' day, Tuesday is Car Show day, Wednesday is 'Nomad day', when we visit attractions in the area, Thursday evening is the Banquet - show winners announced etc, and Friday is departure day for most, given them that weekend to make it home.

The convention rotates between the East, Central, and Western parts of the country each year, always in a different city, giving everyone a near convention and far conventions periodically. The CNA is a *real car club* with elected directors from each part of the country.

BamaNomad 'Gary'.. NNC member from '74 thru '87, CNA member since '87.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,608 Posts
Its funny how over the years this event gets very little attention on here. My buddy generally goes most years and I have kept up on it through him. Since he isn't going this year I hope those of you going post some pictures for the rest of us.

I think next year its gonna be out west, Vegas I believe.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I can't make it this year but next year my restoration should be done so i can attend in 2015.

·
Premium Member
Chattanooga TN
5,648 Posts
Can't wait, looking forward to seeing Nomads roaming the streets of downtown Chattanooga.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts