Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many Tri- Fivers out there have class c type motorhomes? I mean not new but older. I've been looking for a Chevy type something in decent shape run across alot of Fords and Dodge but nothing really decent in GM. So do I settle for a Ford or Dodge. Some are probably saying should be home working on the 57 or why are you spending money on a Motorhome when you should be spending it on the car. But with 13 grandkids they like to camp. Am I wrong? :confused0006:

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Hello Jim,

I have a 1993 27' Class C, mine's a Ford w/460. I looked for a GM also but was unable to find even one. I've had good luck with this one so I'm happy. I don't see much on the GM or Dodge front. I would say go with the Ford, there must be a reason there's so many out there! Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
:) Jim, I have a '93 class 'A' 33 foot Coronado motorhome made by Fleetwood on a Chevy chassy with a 454 with about 45k miles. Bought it new, made serveral trips across the states, even to Florida and the keys. But it has been sitting now for about 18 months, start it up every month. My grandkids have gotten to the age where they don't really want to go with grandparents anymore.
It is for sale for $8500.00 but we are along ways from each other. If interested, I could send photos?

Don, aka.....the hamsman

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
We have a 87,class "C",26',G-30 van chassie.With a 350/400 Chevy.
Use it to go to car shows and swapmeets!
I scrapped a 89 class "A" not too long ago for the 454/400 and all the parts I could salvage.
Since gas prices are down a little right now,you won't see too many of the good ones for sale.
Just keep watching Craig's List-They are out there!
Mike.:)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many Tri- Fivers out there have class c type motorhomes? I mean not new but older. I've been looking for a Chevy type something in decent shape run across alot of Fords and Dodge but nothing really decent in GM. So do I settle for a Ford or Dodge. Some are probably saying should be home working on the 57 or why are you spending money on a Motorhome when you should be spending it on the car. But with 13 grandkids they like to camp. Am I wrong? :confused0006:[/QUOThanks for the response maybe have to look at Fords. Great to hear from everybody and the help.:)

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin
1,826 Posts
We had a 1997 Damon Challenger class a 33' motorhome. It had a Ford 460 in it. We loved it. It pulled our horse trailer to shows and camping. It had 2 couchs that folded out for beds instead of a small table and recliner that most have. We bought it from neighbors who bought it new and upgraded to a deisel pusher. the only thing we had problems with was the exhaust manifolds warped from the heat of the dog house. left side broke off an ear where one of the studs were and we had to get a new head. cost more for labor than the head. one thing that the guy did was had the exhaust manifolds milled flat again and drilled the inner bolt hole larger so the expansion wouldn'tt cause the same thing again. He did alot of work on these and knew a few tricks:tu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts