Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Finally got around to having someone rebuild a 350 for me. Its already getting flat-top pistons installed. Just wondering what you would recommend for a cam for me. The cars still got the stock rear end(as far as i know), a 200-4r, and i'll be running 3-deuce.

Thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Hey everyone! Finally got around to having someone rebuild a 350 for me. Its already getting flat-top pistons installed. Just wondering what you would recommend for a cam for me. The cars still got the stock rear end(as far as i know), a 200-4r, and i'll be running 3-deuce.

Thanks everyone
WHAT HEADS YOU RUNNING? looking for compresssion ratio you're goin run

·
Registered
792 Posts
well i got 350 with 202s 10 to 1 compression edelbrock intake holley 670 street avenger and a 280 comp cam and iam very happy with the set up very lumpy cam but works fine, muncie 4 speed stock rear end. tha dang engine gets it on. i highly recommend the 280 comp cam. rick

·
Registered
510 Posts
try going to comp cams website and downloading their cam program. it asks all the important questions and gives several suggestions based on your input. i called comp 3 times and got 3 different opinions from their guys and everyone of them suggested a bigger cam than i thought was needed but the program was right on in my opinion.

·
Registered
37,982 Posts
I think a 280 is a bit big if you have stock gears and not a lot of compression. I'd drop back to a 274 or 268.

I think that's what the website is going to tell you too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts