Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have A 55 P/u I Paid $100.00 For. No Title. What Is The Best Way To Get A Title Of Some Kind? I Want To Do A Full Redo On This Truck But I Need A Title Of Some Kind. Your Help Would Be Great!!!!!!! Thanks Bill

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Bill, you need to check with the department of vehicles in TN. They will want to inspect the vehicle and run the VIN to be sure there is no record of stolen. Once thats satified, they should issue a new title in your name. It will usually be branded 'Rebuilt from parts" or something similar. In KY they need a reciept where you bought the truck as well as for the parts used to rebuild it. Some of what I said applies in KY and I suspect most if not all applies in TN as well. Good luck and keep us posted.
Beware of title companies. They say they can get you a title, but I have learned from others KY won't recoginize what they provide.

·
Administrator
49,645 Posts
Bill i don`t know about Tenn. but here in Tx. i got one for a 57 that says Tax hearing on it. It was run through the database and came up not showing in it. Terry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts