Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some inner trunk patches and a mix up occured and I was sent these. Before I send them back I'd like to know where they go just in case I'd need them anyway.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Underneath your quarter window.....that patch panel goes down to the floor...I believe for a 2 door car.

Eugene

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
That is where they go. I made my own patches for my car but it would have been easier if I had bought them. If it was the suppliers mistake maybe they will cut you a deal on them if you have a need for them.
Tom

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I'm sending them back monday and exchanging them for the parts I need.
Rustaddict...do you not have any rust in front of the rr wheelwells on the inner qtr vertical walls? I would be surprised if you dont.

Stand the piece up vertical (sitting on the surface with the 2 holes) and take a picture of the other side (side facing down currently) if you dont mind. That should confirm what you have and if you need it....if its the piece i think it is.

I hate to see you send it back if you need it.

Greg

·
Registered
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rustaddict...do you not have any rust in front of the rr wheelwells on the inner qtr vertical walls? I would be surprised if you dont.

Stand the piece up vertical (sitting on the surface with the 2 holes) and take a picture of the other side (side facing down currently) if you dont mind. That should confirm what you have and if you need it....if its the piece i think it is.

I hate to see you send it back if you need it.

Greg
That side I took the picture of looks good. I was suprised myself. The other side needs a little work, but the rust is minimal and looks like it'd be easier and cheaper to make a patch for... and a small part why they are going back is I just want what I ordered. Although if I did have a worse case of rust there I would keep them.

PS. Oldskoolsalt, your car is really looking good!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Here are some Pics of the patch I made and installed on my car. Before you send them back check your car very carefully in that area. I would be suprised if you do not find some rust in that area, mine did not look to bad until I blasted it and removed the floor. If you do not need to repair that area that would be great. Good luck.
Tom

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Someone on here has information on these and where they can be bought. I thought I had saved it but couldn't find it.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Someone on here has information on these and where they can be bought. I thought I had saved it but couldn't find it.
Seems like a member here makes them but I can't recall whom it was.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts