Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad put some old tires and wheels on his car as cheap rollers, back in the early 80's, near as I can figure. He did this to roll the car out of the garage to clean up some accumulated "stuff", then rolled the car back into the garage. I guess the original tires were shot, and I found the original rims rusting away out behind the garage. (Sigh...)

Anyway, to me, they look like old Pontiac wheels, like the ones 70-something Firebirds used. But, a friend said he thought they were old aftermarket wheels, possibly Cragers. Doesn't really matter to me, they are past their prime and shall be replaced in due time.

But, I'm curious as to their origin. They are very dirty with age, rust, grime. A couple minutes with some shop hand-soap and a brush gave me these shots:

They are 15 x 8, near as I figure. Distance to back outer lip from mounting surface:

The distance from the same surface to the front outer rim lip is 3.5". So, with the distance to the inner rim lip shown in the picture, what is the offset of these rims?

Only ID marks I could find on the rim are these:

I am interested in the offset so I can mentally compare new rims and tire size/placement in the fenders. The tires on the rims now are 235/75R-15. I will be installing Danchuk's Min-Offset front disc brake conversion with 2" dropped spindles, and I'd like to get an idea of what my options are for new tire and wheel sizes.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Definitely original GM stuff, i had similar wheels in my wildcat GS Buick, but they were 5 inch bolt pattern.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
You have left out the most important detail which is bolt circle. If 5 x 5 they are Electra, if 5 x 4 3/4 and 7 inches wide they are 77 Regal.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Buick, eh? Okay, thanks!:tu

That gives me an idea of how to find what car these came off. Guess I should have specified these are on the 56 in my avatar. As for bolt pattern, I figured that was a given, since they are currently on the car's original brake drums... factory bolt pattern for a 56 Chevy is 5 x 4.75, IIRC, right?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Buick

15 inch buick. several applications

1 - 11 of 11 Posts