Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually did a search and found a thread by ClassicGary on this. It was never updated. I'm wanting the same thing as Gary. I want a 3/8 flared line to go in a round canister style fuel filter with no rubber hose connections. It would look very clean and stock looking. So far I've read that there used to be a filter like this for a mid 60s Vette but it's no longer available. I also found a thread that said an AC Delco GF90 filter will work with fittings screwed into the filter. I PMed Gary yesterday and thought I'd see what some others may know with this post.

·
Administrator
50,544 Posts
The 88/89 up chevy pickups used a metal round cannister filter with flared metal ends to attach it. Look for one of those filters and see if that is what you are looking for.
Terry

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
15,014 Posts
you can also get the basic tpi camaro fuel filter and get adapters to go to AN.

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked at alot of filters off the shelf at my local parts store. We tried mid 80s to 90s GM cars and trucks and they have an O-ring fitment. Most Fords had a push lock style.

·
Registered
38,739 Posts
The TBI/TPI filter recommended is a good choice. It has GM metric o-ring flares/seals though.

I'm going to use one on my car, converting it to 37º flare fittings. I bought some steel 37º flare to metric o-ring fittings from Summit to complete the deal.

If you're into bling, the case on this filter is stainless steel. It has some ink markings but those wipe right off with solvent.

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rick, do you have any part numbers or pics of the filter and fittings? I really like the idea of having an "off the shelf" filter. Did the fittings come with the O-rings?

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,381 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.