Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
I hooked mine to the front side of the shifter lever on the column, that moved it away from the firewall so it didn’t rub. I also tweaked the lever on the column a bit so it would line up better with the transmission lever. 700R4 and get all the gear selections.

The slide adjustment on the trans lever makes the throw longer or shorter which effects the gear selection. You can also change trans lever clocking. I could have adjusted the slight rub I had but it was working and I was lazy

·
Premium Member
2,258 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I've spent way too much time trying to make this work. I do have a lot of side to side movement as well. I have all gears engaging now...barely.
I think I'm gonna try the shift arm kit from Kugel.
I mentioned above I have 3 of them and all work very well. You slip the trans arm on so it is at about 9/10 o'clock and the arm pushes more straight down instead of trying to push toward the rear. I had one I had to put about a 15 degree bend to clear an exhaust tube. Still worked fine. I also used the long one, but ended up cutting it off some and threading it down a little further. The short was too short, and the long was too long.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts