Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
A lot of tri-five owners rate California Car Cover highly, but also high in price. I am on my second BUDGE car cover. The 1st Budge cover is now two years old and is good quality. I bought the 2nd one two months ago for my '57 Chevy Wagon. Unfortunately BUDGE does not make a car cover for the Tri-Five wagons. I instead opted for a '70 Monte Carlo cover because of the length. In retrospect should have bought a cover for a '59 Cadillac.. The cover doesn't have the mirror pockets which causes the cover to drape under the door mirror. I bought their best cover OLEUM "Never Wet" for only $189.00 and free shipping. Can't complain. BUDGE has the '56 Bel Air in stock @ $189.00. Has a seven year warranty.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A lot of tri-five owners rate California Car Cover highly, but also high in price. I am on my second BUDGE car cover. The 1st Budge cover is now two years old and is good quality. I bought the 2nd one two months ago for my '57 Chevy Wagon. Unfortunately BUDGE does not make a car cover for the Tri-Five wagons. I instead opted for a '70 Monte Carlo cover because of the length. In retrospect should have bought a cover for a '59 Cadillac.. The cover doesn't have the mirror pockets which causes the cover to drape under the door mirror. I bought their best cover OLEUM "Never Wet" for only $189.00 and free shipping. Can't complain. BUDGE has the '56 Bel Air in stock @ $189.00. Has a seven year warranty.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
California Car Covers.

I've got 'em on all four of my cars. Oldest one is fifteen years old with no issues. Yes, they cost a bit more.

Of course, it depends on whether you need an indoor or outdoor cover. Mine are all indoors.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,270 Posts
Personally, I don't think any of them hold up very well outdoors in the hot sun and rain and I've had quite a few.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Pops, Car cover is better than nothing in sunny California. It rained the other day hard. The two year old cover on the '36 Roadster w/removable carson top was fine. If the Budge car cover lasts three years, I'll be happy = $5.25 a month outdoors. When the wind picks up, the optional GUST GUARD cover clamps with bungee cords keeps the cover secure.
I have two classic's in the garage, two in the driveway, and Honda and Silverado curbside. Need to thin the herd.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
My car covers only get used outdoors and have three tension straps that lock into the covers in protective pockets on each side. They can be tensioned by pulling the straps, and will stay put even in 50 mph winds we've had. The material is waterproof, and 5 layers, and is guaranteed 5 years. They were a whopping $59 and come with their own carry bag. But once I used them I can't ever get them folded up small enough to put back in those bags! Still I'm very happy with them, and they do a great job, at a fantastic price.
Bought them from Advance_Parts in Irvine, Ca. off their Ebay site.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
In the past, I've purchased 4-5 California Car Covers, which were all quality made. The fit was very nice, but they were expensive. A few years ago, I looked at them again for a cover for one of my cars, don't recall which one, and was surprised at how much they were. Yikes!! The price went way up. I then took the specs from one of their covers I liked, and compared it to other car covers on line. Weight of material. Type of material. Layers. Lined. Color. Custom made. Repellency. Warranty. Etc. I found a few manufacturers with identical specs except maybe for the pockets for outside rearview mirrors. They would have been nice to have, but not absolutely necessary. Their price was half of what CCC wanted. So, I bought one and it's held up well. No complaints. I don't recall the name of the vendor I purchased from. Sorry. But, they are out there. Just remember to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges, Carmine.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
In the past, I've purchased 4-5 California Car Covers, which were all quality made. The fit was very nice, but they were expensive. A few years ago, I looked at them again for a cover for one of my cars, don't recall which one, and was surprised at how much they were. Yikes!! The price went way up. I then took the specs from one of their covers I liked, and compared it to other car covers on line. Weight of material. Type of material. Layers. Lined. Color. Custom made. Repellency. Warranty. Etc. I found a few manufacturers with identical specs except maybe for the pockets for outside rearview mirrors. They would have been nice to have, but not absolutely necessary. Their price was half of what CCC wanted. So, I bought one and it's held up well. No complaints. I don't recall the name of the vendor I purchased from. Sorry. But, they are out there. Just remember to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges, Carmine.
Carmine, hope you had a great Turkey day!

You built us up for the big finish and then....zilch! :LOL::LOL:
Perhaps there is a tag on the cover that could give you a hint?
Seriously, if you can remember the vendor's name, please share it with us.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Carmine, hope you had a great Turkey day!

You built us up for the big finish and then....zilch! :LOL::LOL:
Perhaps there is a tag on the cover that could give you a hint?
Seriously, if you can remember the vendor's name, please share it with us.
Yes, I had a nice Thanksgiving. I have a large family with many grandchildren. When they weren't crying, needing a diaper change or fighting over the same toy, which there were duplicates of, it was kind of quiet. Always enjoyable though. Hope yours was good also.
Wish I could be of more help with the cover and vendor I purchased it from. This was a several years ago and when I sold the car, the cover went with it. I did have the cover for a few years at that time with no issues. I do recall narrowing my search down to 2-3 vendors, all offering a cover with the same specs as CCC. You just have to google car covers and see what is available. Many were out there at the time I did it. Just do a fair comparison and stay away from the ones that are cheap in price, Carmine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts