Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy a car cover for my 57 that can hold rain, sun, and trees falling on it....

Just kidding, only rain, What would you guys recomend???
Thanks a lot!

If I posted this in the wrong place, ooooppppppsss.:happy0030:

·
Administrator
68,043 Posts
I have an autotechnica extra large with a soft felt on the inside, this cover covers the whole car from front to rear :anim_25:

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,541 Posts
don't buy from california car cover . they get them made overseas. buy american the job you save may be your own !!!!:bowtier:bowtie-trifive

7,080 Posts
I would like to buy a car cover for my 57 that can hold rain, sun, and trees falling on it....

Just kidding, only rain, What would you guys recomend???
Thanks a lot!

If I posted this in the wrong place, ooooppppppsss.:happy0030:

I will add a new thread tomorrow on this subject (Just been there done that). HIGHLY RECOMMEND California Car Covers. :tu:):happy0030: Lloyd

7,080 Posts
I just posted a new thread as promised. I Highly recommend California Car Covers. Don't know if comments about being made overseas are true or not. These statement may be unfair unless you can look in your home and not see nearly everthing has a made in China, Asia, Japan, ect, lable on it (All TVs, electronics, clothes, ect). I personally like Walmart, but you can not shop there and buy much American. I buy Made in America every chance I get, but they are getting fewer and fewer. Sign of the times (not good). Please do not turn this into a big debate, just 1 old man's opinions. Kindest Regards Lloyd

·
Registered
418 Posts
I bought a California Car Cover "Noah". Fits great and I love it. My car stays in the garage.

·
Registered
182 Posts
HUMMMM, who are the manufactures of USA made car covers?
Not sure if it's appropriate to advertise in this manner. Pretty soon, all that we will be seeing is a bunch of "commercials" being posted. There's a jerk from a tire company in Stockton Ca. who is posting a couple hundred times a day on "Craigs List" and has spoiled the site for many of us.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Don't forget a vapor barrier!

I'm pretty new here but had a friend tell me this morning to be sure that wherever I park my "new" '56, that it has a vapor barrier under it. This means something like visqueen, tar paper, or concrete that will eliminate any moisture from coming from the ground up underneath the car and causing rust. Just thought I'd slip this in for everyone's thoughts and info.:wavey:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Covercraft in Oklahoma hosted the Power Tour a couple of years ago.
They had plant tours to see their products being made.

Tom

·
Registered
689 Posts
I just bought mine from Ecklers - I believe it is a Wolf brand cover, looked on their website and it is the same Noah fabric as Cal Covers but $100 cheaper. I guess you get what you pay for but it will mainly be used in the garage and maybe 3-5 times outside per year.

When it gets here I will let you know the quality of the cover.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Covercraft CFT-C14316NH lasted me 3 years before I replaced it with an identical cover. Rain - Sun - Wind - Snow finally takes a toll on an outdoor parked car. I live in the Southeast.
I use a tennis ball with a hole in it to protect the cover from the hood bird.

·
Registered
488 Posts
well i also use cal car cover i love it, but some advise , if you plan on using it long term, you need to keep in mind that if dirt gets under the cover and the wind blows, well can you say sand paper, i only use mine outside a few times a year, otherwise it is used to help keep it clean while it is parked in my garage.:bowtieb:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot everybody,

A lot of responses and now I'll try to digest all this information, appreciated!!!

I'll try to go for american made, for sure; just my preference;

whoever don't like it can go and buy a honda, or maybe a prius. godspeed along the way
I like american just 'cause my income comes from american made people, some from south africa, aussies, UK, or canada, so anything made in those places are also welcome.

Just my preference in life.

Thanks again
Alex

·
Registered
76 Posts
My covercraft had a 4 year warranty. Bought it in 2007. After 3 years of weather abuse it had tears around the tail lights and a few other places.
I sent it back to covercraft for analysis with the options either - sorry or repair or replacement.

Yesterday a brand new cover arrived from covercraft.

:happy0030:

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Over the years, I have bought 5 car covers from Cal Car Cover. Four were inside covers and one was for the outside. I never had a problem with any of them. They fit just like they were designed to. I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat. I don't have a clue as to where they are made. I do know that they are a quality product. The others may be equally as good, I don't know. Good luck with your selection, Carmine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts