Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No surprise here-we all know how car guys rally to a local cause and this was a great example. This kid hasn't been out of his hospital room in a year but the car guys got him outside.
He took a bit of a turn for the worse last night but he should be able to read his article this week. He loves the publicity because he's a faceless 19 year old kid and this attention was totally unexpected and appreciated. We're getting him in the local paper this week too.
http://www.mystarcollectorcar.com/2...car-guy-and-telling-his-remarkable-story.html

Attachments

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Awesome story and a great thing for that group of car guys to do. Touching and heartbreaking too.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Car Show for a child

What a great bunch of folks for bringing great joy to one in need. Since being in this hobby we have attended more events for the benefit children & women and have seen our dollars stay in USA (LOCAL) more than any other organization we have been involved in. Car folks can really get together and get it done when the need becomes known.:congrats::congrats::congrats:

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I enjoy every opportunity to help others , and show that real car guys care about others as well as their cars and don't mind going that extra mile to help out a worthy cause. This story i can very much relate to as i spent a large potion of the first five years of my life in childrens hospital and even now some 41 years later still have very vivid memories of those times. "Its a good thing you are doing"

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: Way to go car guys and gals. :congrats: :congrats: I love when people get together for something like this.

·
Registered
66,306 Posts
great story and cool thing to do. :party0031:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
What a great story and a great thing to do! Its awesome that first of all, a 19 year old is that much into old cars and wishes to ride in one and second, that some great car people made that happen.
My car club does what we call a senior cruise every year around Christmas and basically what we do is drive from senior care facility to senior care facility or assisted living and let the seniors come out and talk cars for a while. We also take each place a poinsettia and I cant express how good it makes you feel to make a persons day just by driving up in your old car and listening to their amazing stories of yesteryear.
If you have the means to make someone happy and you encounter someone who needs and deserves a smile, why not???

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THANKS GENTS-I'll pass this on to the guys-by the way one of the big players in this (Trevor) is a huge 57 post fan-his is the blue and white one in the pictures and he was the guy behind the Get Well card..
Aidan woke up in ICU today (I've got a connection in the hospital) to find out he was famous-that really picked up his spirits.He was really happy about that and trust me-this kid doesn't have too many highlights in life.
Thanks again-I'll make sure he knows that the trifive guys are behind him.

·
Registered
123 Posts
So great to see the car community just take the hospital parking lot over. You can't let him go to a car show? Screw that, we're taking the car show to HIM! What a cool kid, and talented too.

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
sharing kindness

:tu :tu:tu Wow, what a great thing to do, no doubt the time you've spent with this young man will be one of the most memorable and best times he'll ever have in his life.

The example you've set has touched the hearts of many out there. :) And, I'm sure the kindness you've shared will prompt others to share more kindness with those in need such as this young man, and I commend you for that. :tu

Best to you and your group of car enthusiast who've taken the time to do such a wonderful thing. :tu :congrats:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts