Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove Old Red to a local show today. Spoke with a guy I knew years 40 ago about his gorgeous 55 Pontiac. He bought it a year ago for I am sure big bucks! He was at a another show 2 weeks ago and I was convinced he would win Best of Show but Old Red amazingly took the trophy! First time I ever won a big trophy. So
guess what…. Red won Best of Show again! This is 2 straight times and I am shocked. This is not bragging cause I don’t do that or really care about trophies. The guy is a local millionaire and went to Atlanta and bought the Show Car . My 57 has 20 year old paint, interior, chrome, wheels, etc. All of a sudden it’s winning big trophies, go figure! Best I ever won before was Best Motor and the car quit on me on the way home from the show.
Larry
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Attachments

·
Premium Member
57 210 post dressed as a Bel Air
483 Posts
Glad I didn't have to judge, too many first-place cars for me. Old Red is an obvious beauty but that poncho is no scab either. Kind of nice to know that money doesn't always equal first place. And really that poor 55 Poncho doesn't stand a chance against a 57 Chevy for looks.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
54,216 Posts
I will have to take a note pad with me to Pigeon Forge, when I take a look at Old Red again

Font Art Event Graphics Graphic design

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
54,216 Posts
Noooooo! Please don’t! I never have it judged at PG as I can’t compete with that quality.
Larry
Just personal notes, so I know what improvements I should make on mine then :)

·
Premium Member
Chattanooga TN
5,917 Posts
Congrats Larry.
Some great looking cars at that show.
Glad the shows are starting up again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts