Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to put out my thoughts about this and hopefully will not offend anyone as this is not my intention and I if I do, I apologize!

All summer I went to a cruise at least once a week and a few shows and it seems that there are more and more late model cars coming to them. I have no problems with the late model cars as I love cars and If I could afford one I will definitely get one but when it comes to the shows and cruises, I want to go there and see all the classic, modified, originals, hot rods, etc... as on my way there I can tell you that I see enough late model cars on the roads.
It seems that the classic cars are showing up less every time and it could probably be due to parking in some cases.
Two weeks ago I went to a Saturday night Cruise in, in my area and I had to turn around together with other classic cars because we could't find a spot to park.
It would be a good idea to try to have the newer models in a dedicated part of the parking lot or have a different day for them.
Just my thoughts, again please forgive me if I offended anyone that owns a newer model car!!! :shakehands:

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,017 Posts
I agree completely. That's my complaint with the Hot Rod Power Tour. Anybody can get in a new car and drive across the country without worrying about metal fatigue or inferior aftermarket parts. Some shows limit the age of cars to 1973 and earlier but some orginizers want all they can crowd in, to get the entry fees. Usually "club" sponsered shows have year model restrictions.

·
Registered
67,683 Posts
go to shows less now then I use to for that exact reason. :damnmate:

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,574 Posts
Yes many allow all years and makes, but most I go to are all pre73 and US made, yes even in Calif we still don't include everyone :sign0020:

The new Mopars are like a plague these days. Everyone seems to have one painted brightly and 2 dozen flashing LED lights on it with big screen TVs in the trunk. The goiod thing is they stick together at shows and don't like being with us old guys either:tu

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
:confused0006:I agree with you 100%!Not that I'm a trophy hunter,but these guys pull in the Cruises with Brand new cars and get the trophies to boot! Instead of the guy who has put in years of hard work into restoring his classic!:sign0020: :bowtieb:Frank

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
car show

I agree about the new cars, however most clubs have a years limit, we ( The Roamin Angels) just had a show this weekend ,cutoff 1972.We were down a little , combonation,economy, heat , smoke from fires, however turned out to be a great weekend.. Dick

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I guess there is always a needed balance, young guys like the newer cars, Mustangs and Camaros and can buy them on time, but it is somehow not right that the old cars get shoved aside. I believe especialy if you have awards you should be rewarded for your work, not your check book.

Joebowtie-trifive

·
Registered
229 Posts
We have had similar problems here in OZ. Young guys turn up in there late model cars and end up taking over the event. I have nothing against young guys and there cars but I wouldn't take my Chev to a show hosting modern cars.
Lately there have been quite a few Old School Shows and they have been really good. Just changing the name seems to hint to the new guys that there car won't fit in. There are plenty of events over here to cater for all types of cars. I think they just need to be clear on what era they are inviting.
Cheers

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
I emphatically agree!! In Va...we have mostly classic car shows but some have quite a number of new cars..mustangs and camaros. I could have bought a new camaro or vette but instead opted for a true classic car. I dont like it either when the new cars get trophies that should belong to classic cars....yeah, there are thousands and thousands of new cars driving side by side on the highway...why should they get a trophy...they are a dime a dozen. And I dont think you're offending anyone on this site ....after all, its named Trifive chevy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts