Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to transport a car from Lula, Georgia to Barnegat N.J. Does anyone have any experience with haulers on the east coast that are good?

I can't go and get it myself as I am the care giver for my 96 year old mother and can't leave the area.

Thanks,

Alan

·
Premium Member
15,888 Posts
I have high end cars transported all the time and unless I can do it myself the only company I will use is Intercity Lines. Never so much as a pinpoint chip or any issues ever with them. :tu

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have a friend who transports cars. He has an open trailer. Let me know if you want his contact info.

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
The only thing that I can add to this is that it is that time of the year when the snow birds are shipping their car down to florida and the car carriers are always looking for a load going north.There's no money pulling a empty trailer.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Thomas Sunday Auto Transport, based in/around Carlisle, PA.

LOTS of Corvette guys use him. Great equipment, enclosed tractor/trailer hauling.

Chuck

·
Registered
399 Posts
Whoever you choose, make sure they will not sub-contract to someone else.

I had a buyer from New York contract through Reliable Transport. They decided they didn't have a truck in our area so they sub-contracted to a much smaller carrier. The guy picked up the car and made it as far as Detroit when he decided he'd had enough. Parked his rig; took all the keys; and grabbed a taxi. Never found out if they caught up with him.

Also check with the Better Business Bureau for a rating.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I used www.billsautotransport.com He is in Maine but he runs the entire east coast at least once a week from Maine To FL. Charged me $750. to transport my 56 from South Carolina to Maine.Call them at 1-207-946-2445. They are fully insured and bonded. They do alot of dealership to dealership transfers of new cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts