Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got on the internet to find who can haul my 55 Chevy from Dandridge, Tn to Port Charlotte in mid August. It looks like the price is about the same from most brokers, $500-$550. Has anyone had any experience with any of the following?
Red Carpet Transport
7 Star Auto Transport
A1A Express Auto Shipping
US Direct Auto Shipping
Plaza Auto Transport
Pricedriteautotransport

It looks like all of them use one big board to list the autos and the trucking companies just pick and choose which cars are best for them to haul and make the most money. Just looking for any one's experience in having their cars hauled. I also know that it depends on what the broker keeps and what he pays the trucking company on how fast they are in picking up the car.

fiftyfivechevy

Lon Johnston

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
I can't comment on any of those shippers, however, I just sent my 56 wagon on Intercity Lines from Illinois to San Diego Ca. and I was impressed with the driver and truck he used. OB Mike (another member here bought the car and paid for the shipping) can probably fill you in on the delivery, but on my end I give them a thumbs up.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Don't have any experience with those, but I did an online quote like that one time. Made the mistake of putting my phone number on the form...I had 20 calls in a few days...just word to the wise

·
Premium Member
15,880 Posts
I have had countless cars shipped over the years and unless you have a person you know well that hauls cars I would not recommend anyone other than Intercity Lines. :tu

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
I have had countless cars shipped over the years and unless you have a person you know well that hauls cars I would not recommend anyone other than Intercity Lines. :tu
The guy that transported my car for Intercity said he often transports for Jay Leno, he was a very courteous person and you could tell he would take care of what he transports.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I can speak from experience when I tell you give them an alternate email address and phone number because if you request a quote online they will hound you for ever!

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Had my '64 SS shipped from Louisiana to NY this past Feb. by Intercity Lines. A little on the pricey side, but good service. Friendly. Nice enclosed trailer. Would use them again. Just be careful, cheaper is not always better.

·
Administrator
66,076 Posts
I highly recommend 7 Star Auto Transport. I shipped my 57 on an open trailer from California to north Carolina. Delivered on time with no problems or surprises. The driver was also a great guy. Let me know if you need more info.
Good feedback is welcomed :tu

1 - 10 of 10 Posts