Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to have my Rochester Carb rebuilt to show quality. Can anyone recommend a rebuilder. The cast iron base was originally parkerized and would like it to be correct.

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Looking to have my Rochester Carb rebuilt to show quality. Can anyone recommend a rebuilder. The cast iron base was originally parkerized and would like it to be correct.
There is a guy in Rockford IL that specializes in Rochesters. He did the one on my Apache pick-up this past summer. I will tell you ahead of time he don't keep his word very well. He quoted me $175 and a week for it to be done. 2 months later he tried to charge me $220 until I raised ..... (fill in blank) It still cost me $200, but I will say he did a very good job. So, you decide if its worth the extra time and money......www.Thequadshop.net
or (815) 8744884. :anim_25:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a Rochester 4 jet (original to the car) and a Carter that I would like to get rebuilt to show quality. Do to my very limited experience would like to have a professional do it rather than me hoping I did it right. My car was judged in 2005 at the Chevy Invitational and scored 986 points and I want to keep it that way. I need a rebuilder that will make sure the carb I send them is the one I get back. Thanks in advance for any replies

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
To be honest with you unless you know the rebuilder personally you wont know 100% what your getting back.

But if the rebuilder is reputable you should be confident that the parts used would be needed for the rebuild.
You could ask the rebuilder to supply you all parts exchanged or replaced.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Check out Chris's Carb Shop in Dayton, OH. He restored my Carter to show quality and did an excellent job. He really knows his stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts