Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive finally decided to get rid of my stock rochester due to so many problems with it .would anyone be able to recommend a replacement .on a stock 57 .283 cheers in advance

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So Ive finally decided to get rid of my stock rochester due to so many problems with it .would anyone be able to recommend a replacement .on a stock 57 .283 cheers in advance
2 barrel is what I want , would there be a carby on the market so that I could keep my stock oil bath filter other than the standard one ??

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
I bought a 1 barrel Holley for a Ford Falcon at Rockauto, it was an early Falcon so not easy to find. It runs perfect! I looked at Rockauto for the Rochester 2 barrel and your only option is to send yours in for a rebuild. Short of that, perhaps you can find a carb shop and have a pro rebuild it locally? I know, they're hard to find anymore. Might find a car club and ask around. Also may want to look for other reasons why it runs poorly. Vacuum leaks can make an engine run poorly, could even be intake gaskets.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a 1 barrel Holley for a Ford Falcon at Rockauto, it was an early Falcon so not easy to find. It runs perfect! I looked at Rockauto for the Rochester 2 barrel and your only option is to send yours in for a rebuild. Short of that, perhaps you can find a carb shop and have a pro rebuild it locally? I know, they're hard to find anymore. Might find a car club and ask around. Also may want to look for other reasons why it runs poorly. Vacuum leaks can make an engine run poorly, could even be intake gaskets.
Ive spent a small fortune on this carby already ,I wont throw anymore at it ,I will go for the 500 cfm but thanks all the same

1 - 7 of 7 Posts