Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone able to get me the dimensions of this part and the guage of sheetmetal this part is made of. I ordered a pan some years ago and now see the newer pans have these additional pieces that mine didn't come with. My original cargo pan was rusted so bad that these pieces had already crumbled to tiny bits and I could tell something was missing, but I never really knew what it looked like. Now that I know, I contacted Real Deal Steel, Danchuk, Classic Industries, Golden Star and none of them have these pieces for sale and or are unwilling to sell them to me as a set on their own (it seems Real Deal Steel used to). Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I thought I will follow up with a few images that I came across and modified to see if this enables anyone to help me out. Below you can see where I circled the exact part and then cropped the part and then identified and labeled the needed dimension by letters A, B, C, D, E, F, and G. I know I can just guess and make them up; however, I rather have the correct dimensions. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Well sir , you may have to find someone with a Parts Nomad or Wagon ? Or find one without a Gas Tank currently in it , to make a template off ?
There is a wagon on a body rotisserie not far from me . If you have come down to this decision, let me know and I will try to get measurements and make a template for you .
Stretch

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well sir , you may have to find someone with a Parts Nomad or Wagon ? Or find one without a Gas Tank currently in it , to make a template off ?
There is a wagon on a body rotisserie not far from me . If you have come down to this decision, let me know and I will try to get measurements and make a template for you .
Stretch
Yes Stretch, I really need the dimensions in the diagram I labeled A, B, C, D, E, F, & G. If you are able to get thoe dimensions for me that would be really helpful.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
View attachment 324263
View attachment 324264
View attachment 324265
Here are three pics of what you are looking for. However, I thing that you could just use a piece of 1/4" high density eva and glue it where these pieces are and you would be fine, the gas tank straps will pull it into the correct loction.
Thank you for the pic of the part. The pads are metal because on stock gas tanks, the tank is grounded by the contact with the metal pads. In newer gas tanks, there usually is three wires (ground, positive, sending unit to guage) and the ground wire will allow for the rubber/eva type material used to for pads on top the gas tank whereas on the stock tank there is only the sending unit to guage wire.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Let me see what I can do to get those measurements, I have a 57 wagon with no spare tire or gas tank and those braces are in perfect condition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts