Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else buying carpet getting real poor quality product? One piece
Take look at this one piece carpet I ordered, the felt is glued on crooked and uneven! So how is this carpet molded to my vehicle?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes that it but how do you Crees the carpet into all the right folds if the felt is not in the right place, not sending it back!

·
Administrator
49,483 Posts
That insulation won`t keep the carpet from sitting correctly. I have installed many carpet sets and it never caused a problem. And most of the time, if needed the insulation will pull loose from the carpet fairly easily.
Terry

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I see the same type of sloppy/poor underfelt installation from many repo carpet suppliers, although this set is one of the worst I've ever seen. ACC is supposed to be one of the best, but somebody certainly dropped the ball here. If they all didn't use the type of glue that makes it virtually impossible to peel it off, you could just shift it over. But the stuff they use is NASTY!

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
8,541 Posts
The OP didn't buy the original carpet set for a '55 Chevy (which would be daytona weave). ACC actually makes the carpet that is sold by CARS and by Ciadella, but they also sell a 'cheaper' carpet which seems to be what the OP purchased... the backside insulation may have become misplaced when packed into the shipping container?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts