Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all! Hope you are not going Covid nuts!!!

Need some info RE:Carpet supports for 4-door sedan. Mine are missing and I need to buy/make some replacements. Does anyone know of a source for these or have the measurements and pictures so I can make some.

Thanks, and be safe!

:gba:

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
48,660 Posts
Carpet supports??? :confused0006:

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
8,830 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
48,660 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Learn something new everyday. I’ve had my 4 door sedan 28 years and never knew or had these on my car. Always just had the wires under the sill plates.

·
Registered
65,648 Posts
wire harness door sill covers, danchuk#17605 (around $100). probably check out other sponsors and even eBay for maybe cheaper. :anim_25:

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
8,830 Posts
They transition the space over the top of the pinch welded seam of the floor and the outer rocker. They have a step in them where the original jute padding stopped, and the carpet then extended over to the edge of the inner rocker. The aluminum sill plate cover than held and protected the carpet edge.

Mikey

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Wire harness sill covers"

Thanks to all. The designation "Carpet Support" came directly from the Fisher Trim Manual for the 1955 Chevy. Guess that is why I had some difficulty. As I found out on further searching, the name used now IS "Wire harness sill covers. They are supposed to protect the harness that runs between the rocker and floor. All too that Wagonman said.

Found them at Danchuk but as you all know, paying as much for shipping as the item itself is, well . . . OUCH! Hoping to make them myself if someone has pics and dimensions they can share.

BTW, they are available for 4-door sedan and wagon from, you guessed it, Danchuk.

As always, thanks to all and looking forward to those pics and dimensions if you are able and willing.

Regards,
D

:flag6:

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
Thanks to all. The designation "Carpet Support" came directly from the Fisher Trim Manual for the 1955 Chevy. Guess that is why I had some difficulty. As I found out on further searching, the name used now IS "Wire harness sill covers. They are supposed to protect the harness that runs between the rocker and floor. All too that Wagonman said.

Found them at Danchuk but as you all know, paying as much for shipping as the item itself is, well . . . OUCH! Hoping to make them myself if someone has pics and dimensions they can share.

BTW, they are available for 4-door sedan and wagon from, you guessed it, Danchuk.

As always, thanks to all and looking forward to those pics and dimensions if you are able and willing.

Regards,
D

:flag6:
If CARSINC has them you might get a better shipping cost but if you can make them thats the cheapest way to go. :):bowtier::anim_25:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got em!

MJDRZAL,

Thanks!!!! The ebay item was the way to go. FREE SHIPPING!!!!

Once again, the TriFive family comes through!!!!

Regards to all.

:congrats:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts