Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on my "Mistress" thread, not what you think, I had to start a new thread based on the above title. Lots of nice cars being talked about. Hope this hasn't been done-couldn't find it if it has. Obligitory family cars NOT listed...like minivans, or middle-age crazies motorcycles, or assorted newer model trucks and SUVs.

48 Chevy Business Coupe, junk, probably a honda by now
55 Chevy, owned 1 day- Dad nixed the deal
57 Chevy CONVERTIBLE, owned 2 hours, rustbucket, Dad nixed deal
64 F*** Ranchero, fond high school memories, very small cab
61 Pontiac, ugly but that 389 was fast
71 F--- Mustang, rusted to the bone
30 Model A Tudor, Chevy engine of course
64 Corvette, original fuelie, owned 15 years, WHY did I get rid of that, oh yea, money.
56 Chevy Truck, big tires/wheels, 6 cyl 3 spd, looked good tho
68 VW Bug Convertible, wife's car, I guess it was 'cute'
71 Camaro, too fast for wife-dented fender
68 F--- Mustang GT, fastback, nice
57 Chevy Bel Air, current, going on 15 years, put me into Trifive.com-Love it!

Wish list of the mind:
67 GTO Covertible
Milner's 32 Ford, American Grafitti
and the 64 Vette I wish I still had...

If I forgot any, than I forgot:bowtier:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Here's three of my old cars, I hope this works I finally got my printer to scan again. The 60 Biscayne was a cool car with a stout 283/turbo 350, check out my home made dumps. The 69's were both my cars, a 69 427 Caprice and a 69 Impala.That was at the charter meeting of the Yesteryears Chevy Club here in Okla.

Attachments

·
Registered
945 Posts
57 210 s/w 66 Impala 72 Camaro 71 MG 56 Chevy P/U 71 Fiat 124 Spider 68 Dodge Dart GTS 76 Camaro 64 F--d Falcon Futura 63 Buick 225 Ht and my 2nd
57 210 s/w would like to get a 70 Triumph TR6

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
I once had a [email protected]#d ,,,forgive me please !!!
Hey, Whats wrong with 55 Furds:questionmark: There cool too... Passed my drivers license test back in 1961 driving Dad's 55 Furd:happy0030: Later, Dave

·
Administrator
49,962 Posts
The one i miss the most is the first car, my 1968 chevelle that i wrecked. Can`t miss many more i`ve owned.........i still own them, my 1957 and 1972 chevelle.

Would love to have a 1970 trans am, a 1973 firebird formula, a 1973 camaro and as few others but can`t have everything these days.
Terry

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
When I get rich and famous, I want a 55 Nomad again. I never got it running before I had to sell it. I had just opened a bodyshop and had to pay the bills. I've had four 1987 Buick Grand Nationals. I love them cars. If you ever have a chance to drive one, DO IT! When you floor it, you keep getting sucked into the seat and the seat belt keeps getting tighter. One of them I put alot of money in the engine( front mount intercooler, bigger turbo, etc.) It went [email protected] in the 1/4. Yep, had cold AC and 25 miles to the gallon :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Here's the last GN I had. It was in sad shape when I brought it home in NON running condition. I did a mild resto on it. Pulled the engine, rebuilt it, and repainted everything. I stripped it apart, took it down to bare metal(had cracked factory paint),repainted it in my 2 car garage,put in new carpet, and other small detail stuff. It was basically stock. I miss this specific one the most!

·
Registered
483 Posts
I know what you mean about the GN - I was working at a place where we made ferrari kits for corvette chassis - we had a customer buy one full built with a 350 gale banks twin. The day I dyno tested his unit he came to watch and drove up in a new GN - I was impressed with the understated look and stance - I love subtle. He let me run it down the runway at the neighboring airstrip and I lusted for one for a quite a while. Pretty impressive that you've had four - not many were made if I recall.

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
For intercooled GNs - 5000 in 1986 and a little over 20,000 in 1987.

·
Registered
483 Posts
So is there a difference between Turbo Regal and Grand National in the 86 and 87? The one I drove was a 87 GTX I think (had the vented fenders, the panhard bar to the diff cover and rode on 16s) - had the serial on a plate on the dash - we laughed because it was #187 - the Cal penal code for murder - he called it his 'vette killer!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
My wish list:

Graffittii Coupe

'85 Lambo Countach 5000QV(and the funds to keep it running/serviced:))

Cheetah(mid-60's company that attempted to challenge the Cobra,
Chev/Vette parts plant burned to the ground shorrtly after
production started, Cheetah Sports Cars now build them)

'63 Gran Sport Stingray

Reactions: twin engines

·
Registered
483 Posts
Cars owned in order:
first car 62 rambler classic - 6cyl and pb shift. Bought for 15.00 at age 13, restored in auto shop and sold at age 15 for 650.00 - never got to drive it alone (legally).
72 nova 396 ss hatch - wrecked it (only BB i've ever owned).
72 malbu custom built 283 4speed - sold it to brother
85 Olds 442 - fully rebuilt ready for paint - got totalled when hit by a 64 1/2 stang (teen driver -first day with license) while parked in front of my house.
70 Olds Omega 350 2bbl (fastest 2bbl I've ever seen) - totalled at same time as 442
64 Dodge Polara 500 - 318 poly/slap stick - factory aluminum parts - sold thinking it was bad block - turned out waterpump housing/timing cover was leaking.
68 BelAir 327 powerglide- died and sold for scrap
72 Olds Toronado (owned three of em and pieced them into one - ex wife got in divorce
79 Hurst Olds Cutlass - ran and looked good but needed upholstery - ex wifes boyfriend sledge hammered it - scrapped by insurance co.
72 Vega GT hatch - twisted with a V8 on an inadequately reinforced frame - sold for scrap
69 Olds Cutlass w30 gave to best friend when I got my camaro - it was totalled last year with over 450000 miles of service (and still rode like a new car before the wreck)
68 Ford Fairline - died and sold for scrap
68 RS Camaro KB327 4speed - MY FAVORITE - owned for 2 years - sold it to pay for a lawyer to keep my license after 36 tickets in same period.
72 pinto wagon - drove it for 7 years and sold it for the same 100 I paid for it.
91 Dodge Dakota 318 Magnum -sold to sis in law - she retired it at 285,000
97 Chev lumina - 115000 miles in four years traded in
02 Caddilac DTS 100 year edition - still own 185000 miles later
04 H2 - sank it in flash flood
04 GTO Barbados Blue 6 speed still own 22,000 miles
86 chevy C10 Shorty, 350 Carbureted, (now 383) still own.
57 Chev 3100 - 305, th350, lm g body section, discs A\C, still own - practally stole it for 12K (see avatar)
79 k5 Blzer - still own

So I've had a few good ones slip through my fingers - but there is still one or some I want real bad - 62 Olds JetFire Interceptor, 32 Olds F Roadster, 64 Gto Vertable, any early v12 Jag, 60 Vette.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
GNs are cool. Ask the guys over on MonteCarloSS.com and most will have a wish list that includes GN parts for their Montes, or..... they want to own a GN. (add me to the wished I owned one list)

Car I wished I still had.
'68 Ply Sport Satillite convertible. My yougest sister was the second owner. She got the car in 1972. IT WOULD FLY!!!
I know personally it ate a few '69 Road Runners.
I also wished I'd have never sold a '57 BelAir 2-door Sedan I once owned. It was all black with red/black interior. I paid $40 for the car and drove it home in the fall of 1974. My parents were ******!!!! (Cause I bought it)

I still own my very first car. Hope to for years to come.

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
So is there a difference between Turbo Regal and Grand National in the 86 and 87? The one I drove was a 87 GTX I think (had the vented fenders, the panhard bar to the diff cover and rode on 16s) - had the serial on a plate on the dash - we laughed because it was #187 - the Cal penal code for murder - he called it his 'vette killer!
That was a GNX and there were only 547 ever made.

·
Registered
483 Posts
WOW - that is then the rarest production car I've ever driven! And without a doubt he (or his estate) probably still owns it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts