Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to buy a caster/camber gauge. Would like to hear comments from you folks that have one. I am leaning towards the Fastrax because it's quicker to install and doesn't require adapters for different hubs. All are in the $130-$150 price range.

Specialty Products Fastrax #91000

Intercomp #102043

Longacre #78272

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks similar to the way the wheel components of a professional alignment system attach to the wheels.

Best price I've found on the Fastrax is at O-Reilly Auto Parts, and it will be easy to return if I don't like it.

·
Registered
37,236 Posts
I have a home made setup similar to the Fastrax. It may not be the most convenient, but you can just hold it up there by hand. However they may have a simple clamp. If the clamp's face is plastic or rubber, it won't mark the wheel.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I have longacres

and like it very much.
yes, I have to remove the bearing dust cap.
I have been stung so many times by so called alignment shops, tired of tire ware, pulling, etc. I never use them any more,
I can do any of my cars in 10 min or so, and they are RIGHT!
once you do your own car , you will laugh at how simple,
and you can go back and check your work anytime for free!

also you will want something for toe setting, I use plates and two tape measures.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I bought longacres with the folding gizmo to fit all size rims, do not have to take anything off. It is digital and works great. I got it from summit delivered to my door for 275.00

Ray. When I get on laptop I will explain how I do toe in.

·
Registered
806 Posts
digital castor camber tool

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Longacre-Di...o-22-Wheels-Front-end-Alignment-/130545865903

this is the one I bought, it measures to .01 degree, under that level .01 degree is the thickness of a piece of typing paper.

for toein I will try to explain.

with level I transfer the front edge of tire and rear edge of tire to the floor and place a mark on masking tape, do that to both side, the roll the car back and measure the distance of front and rear, this lets me get right down to perfection. it is so easy and I can do it by myself and without laying down on ground. Im not sure I explained it that clear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts