Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,

Welp, my 69 Charger just left for it's new owner. I just got done putting a lot of work into her and now right before the best cruising weather of the season here in TX (since we're about 2 miles from the corona of the sun), I go and sell her. :rolleyes: 383-Hcode, 4spd, 4.10 Dana rolling on G70 redlines. I could roast those things in all gears. It's sad to see it go, but now I know I can begin on my 56 Nomad. I'm hoping to have it at least road worthy by spring. But with my Mopar infatuation and love of things oldskool, I'm considering dropping in a 5.7L Hemi. Detail it up like the old baby hemis were back in the day. Anyrate, more to come on this one!

Cheers :anim_32:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
Nice Charger! I had a 68 Charger.....that was a long time ago, and a car I miss.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Has there ever been a hemi in a trifive before? :confused0006:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Nice looking Charger, Dave:tu Guess we can't keep them all:confused0006: Later, Dave

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Chevy in Chevy, but a Hemi, a real 427 Hemi would be great. Those 5.7 are only called Hemi for advertising effect. The ones promoting them as "Hemi" probably have no idea what a 'semi-hemispherical combustion chamber' means.
Jim

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Chevy in Chevy, but a Hemi, a real 427 Hemi would be great. Those 5.7 are only called Hemi for advertising effect. The ones promoting them as "Hemi" probably have no idea what a 'semi-hemispherical combustion chamber' means.
Jim
Well, now that's pretty funny right there. Since they never made a 427 hemi.:confused0006: It's a 426 Hemi, and I'm well versed in what it is and what it means. No the "new" 3G hemis are not true hemispherical heads as was the first and second gen engines were. It is still more semi-hemispherical than others, so that's why they gave the name a rebirth. Look at a cylinder cutaway diagram and you'll see. Call it what you want, but I think it'll be a cool build none the less.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I BOUGHT MY NOMAD 1966,,THE GUY IBOUGHT FROM HAD A 56 WITH A HEMI ,,NEAT CAR!HE ALSO HAD A 55 WHICH WAS THE ONE I BOUGHT (STILL HAVE) PAID 500.00 FOR IT,TURNED OUT IT USED TO BE JOE BAILONS CAR,I HAVE RESTO RODDED IT LOOKS STOCK,400HP 350,R&P DISC BRAKES ,AIR ,,ETC,LOVE IT ,,DICK

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, no need to keep feeding the troll.

RSpring, good to hear someone else had the idea. I toyed with trying to find an older hemi, but I'd like EFI and the reliability of the newer engine. Transmission options are limited on the first gens too. I'm putting a 5.7 or a 6.1 into a 68 Charger for a friend of mine next year, so that'll give me some basis for how to proceed.

Cheers

·
Registered
219 Posts
We have a first generation hemi in a '56 F*** Pu, and they make adaptor plates now to run almost any tranny you want to run. For about 30 years it had the old 2 sp behind it, but now it's backed with a turbo 400. Even swapped the water pump for a new chevy BB pump with an adaptor you can't hardly tell is there. You can always grab a Holley Pro jection system and run it on top if you want EFI. Shucks, I even have one sitting here, bolts onto a 4 bbl intake, and you use your laptop to tune it. Never think old school means you can only use olf stuff :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Be different yet?????? Big Daddy Roth had a 1955 Chevy and it had a BB Ford engine.......be different is cool.....
Pig is me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts