Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Owe, They sure look nice and sound great , but they are way out of my budget range for now. I've seen the adds for Jim Meyer in East Coast Chevy's catalog and seen the adds for Art Morrison in Super Chevy. I've visited thier web sites also. I drool a little and then go back to my original chassis.
Dave

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I've reworked and repaired my chassis last winter and spring. I repaired the rotted frame rails and replaced ball joints and control arm bushings, added front sway bar, front disc brake kit, moved rear spring in under the frame rails. Now I need to install the new rear brakes and get the body braced up for doing the floors. I am hoping to see some snow here so that I'll get some overtime to buy the floors.
Dave

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I have no budget right now! I'm in the "dream only" mode! :)

If I had all the money I wanted for this car, I'd get a new chassis, but for now the old rusty one is just fine with me!

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Hi Guys
Just My 2 cents worth, Jim has been in the chassis business for some time and dose a nice job. But if your looking for a direct replacement Art Morrison is the way to go. They are both a little pricey but this is what we get for playing with high end resto's. :eek: A friend of mine has the same automated bender that we have him bend all our rails, and also has replacement chassis for quite a few models.
Like most good chassis builder they are so far behind the wait is a little frustrating but worth it in the end. :D

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi
Its sounds like you allready have a great chassi Dave a lot of work done on it.
I have to wait and see how much im going to replace, what i want is better handling and brakes.
:)
Owe

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I'm planning on power rack and pinion steering also. I want to up grade my car as much as I can afford to. I was out in the garage today going over it to see what I really needed to replace. Just need the overtime$$$$$.
Dave

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New Chassi Pictures.

Hi

The new Chassi from Jim Meyer has arrived and i mounted the engine and transmission to see that it all fit.

I just love it, and hope it will be as good to drive as it looks.

IMG_0371_small_small.jpg IMG_0372_small_small.jpg IMG_0373_small_small.jpg

IMG_0374_small.jpg IMG_0375_small.jpg

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Owe,
Brent Dupont (dupontcustomclassics.com) is building "Nickelback". A '55 210 sedan. Brent's past accomplishments have landed him multiple sponsors for his current project Nickelback. Jim Meyer Racing is one of them. All his hot rods roll on Meyer chassis's. He loves them. I wish I could afford the Meyer complete IFS for the Tri Five Chevy. I think Meyer's is a good choice.

Laszlo (chevynut) does awesome work also. Laszlo told me he needs to spend more time on his Nomad and less time building frames for other people. Ya never know....he may be available.

Tom

·
12,256 Posts
Owe, that's a nice chassis, and should make your car perform great!

I've seen the Jim Meyer chassis under Brent's Nickelback too, and it's nice. A lot of the design was done by Brent. I think most of these chassis will run about $12-14K.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Laszlo.

The bare Chassi cost 8,500 USD then comes rearaxel with Dutchman alloy axles , Camaro Pro-Touring Subframe, Power Rack , tilt columns, 12" Wilwood Rotors,Power brakes and Air Rides ShockWave air suspension.

So the total come to 17,500 USD

·
12,256 Posts
$8500 sounds about right for the bare frame. I think Progressive charges about $9000 and Car Creations is up to around $8500 if they supply a frame for their C4 conversion. But that's before any components are added. AME's complete chassis is in the $12-14K range, depending on options. I know you can go a lot higher too. I know someone who sunk $20K into an AME chassis.

Sounds like you got a heckuva nice complete setup. ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts