Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to start my frame off. Which chassis should I go with. I'm wanting a changeable ride height with disc brakes all around, nothing crazy. I'm not going to be racing at all, just cruise. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
I am about to start my frame off. Which chassis should I go with. I'm wanting a changeable ride height with disc brakes all around, nothing crazy. I'm not going to be racing at all, just cruise. Any ideas?
Welcome Aboard! the members here are a wealth of information and experience with these beautiful cars. There are many options for chassis available from a complete new AME /Jim Meyer/Roadster shop that will run around 12-15 thousand complete. Or the stock chassis can be upgraded with bolt on / basic weld on parts..coilovers/a-arms/C 4 Corvette kits/tribar rear suspension for quite a bit less money...it all depends on your budjet:)

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
Welcome aboard! Chassis? Dang it! There are so many possibilities. AME, Rodster Shop, Jimmy Meyer, C4 from Laszlo, modify the base unit by PCC and many more. Budget? Time constraints? Finish it at home?

Your intro just barley let us in the door, keep us posted!

·
12,256 Posts
Welcome to TriFive!

What do you mean by "changeable ride height"? Are you looking for air ride, or something that you can tweak like coilover shocks?

There are a lot of choices, depending somewhat on what your budget is. Here's one I recently built with a C4 Corvette front and rear suspension. There's more examples in my build link below.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone have knowledge on the cpp complete chassis? It's for a 57 3100. Is it a good product? what other options would you add? It seems to be about 4K cheaper than the others so it's a tough decision for me. Possibly too good to be true....help. My budget is 12K so I need all input before I go broke on this thing. Thank you

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,392 Posts
Does anyone have knowledge on the cpp complete chassis? It's for a 57 3100. Is it a good product? what other options would you add? It seems to be about 4K cheaper than the others so it's a tough decision for me. Possibly too good to be true....help. My budget is 12K so I need all input before I go broke on this thing. Thank you
As mentioned, there are so many options. What do you intend to use the car for? Cruising, auto-cross, drag racing? Two people you'd be wise to consult with happen to have replied already with some good questions, NickP and Chevynut.
Try to define more clearly what you're looking for and these guys have the experience the point you in the right direction if not help you out directly.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Check these guys out..they built my frame and it is absolutely kick-A! They are just breaking into this market (in the past year and a half or so) but Keith has worked in NASCAR building frames for some of the best teams in the industry. Here are a couple of shots of my frame as a point of reference to you and I would be more than happy to answer any questions if you had them.

http://kandbstreetrods.com/

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts