Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys & Gals :)
Now that we have a chat room it would be the time to take advantage of
(REAL TIME TECH TALK) . you decide in a majority what subject you would like to cover to best help you on you future or current project. :) the great thing is you do not have long to wait for an answer . Plus if you are like me some times it's nice to be able able to ask the question in a few different ways to get your point across. Also we would like to establish which nights and times would be best for most folks. now this can happen more than one night to better help those who may not be able to be there that particular time. Also there are some guys who have just finished a certain project that it is fresh in there mind so this , even though they feel there not an expert they can realy help some one who has never done that type of work.
Well any idea's on time ???? chime in and lets take advatage of what has been put in place for our use. :D Thanks agian for all you guys making this one of the greatest information sites on the web. ;)

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Steve great idea, What nights do you suggest, I am thinking we could say maybe monday 8:30 pm webnesday 8:30 pm and friday 8:30 pm Eastern Time US That would be like 5:30 California Time hopefully a reasonable time for everyone to meet at the same time.

That way we don't take up weekend time, and most of the guys hopefully are home by 8:30 pm eastern and have had a chance to eat supper and relax a little. A little tight on the guys on the west coast but hopefully it will work out for all.

I would ask that all members please give us your opinions and feedback on the times and suggestions for topics, or the topics will be open etc.

Thanks

Otis

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Otis
Good point, week days are most likely a better choice. It will take some getting use to before every one shows up. It always depends on what time I leave the shop or maybe jump on before I leave.
The next thing we need to do is get a topic we want to touch on. Or just show up and have a normal chat. If some one has a particular thought they can bring it up and Trifivers can chime in on suggestion.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think the idea is great guy's, and the time should work out well depending on subject matter for the guy's in the east. Some chat session's could be extensive.
Been wondering about subject matter or topic. Will the topic be fixed prior to the date for Tech Talk and be brought up the day before or will it be open ended and skip around a bit?

Thank's again Otis for getting the chat room set up. Hope there's not many headaches involved.

Dale

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Of course the chats can adjust in the conversation if need here is a thought to start out with.

JUst a Suggestion.

What do you guys think

Mondays 8:30 All body work Panel Repairs, Floorpans, Welding Tips, Metal Fabrication, etc

Wednesdays 8:30 All Drive Train Questions, Engines, Transmission Carburation etc.

Fridays 8:30 Electrical / Glass Install Repairs / Accessories / Trim / Cleaning Repairing, Polishing Stainless

Otis

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Otis & Steve -- are you guys going to moderate those chats, or will it be a bunch of guys asking each other questions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can't imagine we would need to wait for the proper night to ask a question. The best part about a live chat, is the ability to quickly get the answer for something you're currently working on.
It would be a shame to wait until Friday (for instance) to talk electrical.

If it gets too busy in the main lounge, you can just create a room for a particular subject.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Being basically chat-room-ignorant, I have no idea how that would work. Seems like Otis and Steve want to set up one of those "Chat with the Expert" type things, but the "open chat" would work, too. Maybe the advantage to having the topics on certain nights is the ability to advertise the topic and maybe draw in some good experts on a particular topic. I'm wondering if anyone would mind setting up a room for general discussions if there is more than one person who isn't interested in the current topic?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I am not very computer literate but I popped into the chatroom to see if it would work for me....everything seemed to work fine.I'm not currently working on either of my Tri-5's and am certainly no "expert" but when time permits,will stop by to help if I can.Look forward to BS'ing with some of you down the road!

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi DR2
You don't have to wait if you have a question go in and ask, but there will be a lot of times were there is no one there. This way if we post a time and you do have a question or two you will be more successful at finding help.
Hope this helps and we really do like all comments it better helps this site to better accommodate its members. :D

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I don't worry about being chat room illiterate as I'm only a one finger typist. so they just have to wait. The other thing is " how do you expect to learn if you don't try it out?" Get your butt in gear and try it. I am willing to try the specific chats and see how they go. We wont know til we try them.
Dave

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I can't get my computer type in the chat room anymore! I'll go back and try again, I just wanted to make sure it still works here!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts