Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's obvious we all love Tri-Fives....meaning we may naturally lean towards GM.

So, when your Chevy isn't looking, what other cars (old or new) do you drive, covet, or wish you had?

Must be non GM, hence the title.

Have fun!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Funny thing, our 56, besides being my very first car is the only Chevrolet we own. The rest of them, are Ford products.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Automotive speaking, I a bit of a philanderer; MOPAR, Ford, Porsche, VW, Datsun 240 or 510...
Really, I love Chevy cars, but the practical side of it is a strong part of the attraction for me

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Bought a Ram 1500 Limited in March. First ever Mopar I’ve ever owned. So far I really like it except for when stopping. Just before I come to a complete stop, it bumps - like someone just tapped your bumper from behind. In fact it’s getting a new transmission today under warranty. Looked for 2-3 years and best ride and bang for your buck in a truck.

Fuzz

MAGA

·
Registered
896 Posts
I drove 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Sport, short bed regular cap for from 2001 to 2015 BC (before coronavirus).
Todd

·
Registered
11 Posts
So it's obvious we all love Tri-Fives....meaning we may naturally lean towards GM.

So, when your Chevy isn't looking, what other cars (old or new) do you drive, covet, or wish you had?

Must be non GM, hence the title.

Have fun!
03’ BMW 3 series ragtop...the other end of the spectrum...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Bought a Ram 1500 Limited in March. First ever Mopar I’ve ever owned. So far I really like it except for when stopping. Just before I come to a complete stop, it bumps - like someone just tapped your bumper from behind. In fact it’s getting a new transmission today under warranty. Looked for 2-3 years and best ride and bang for your buck in a truck.

Fuzz

MAGA
I bought a new Ram 1500 in 10/19. Mine did the exact same as you have describe. It was quite concerning. I was told by the dealer that it was the adaptive learning adjusting to my driving. They did a reprogram on the trans. After a couple of weeks it gradually went away. A year later, there has been no more issue. This is my first Ram truck. I have always had Chevys. This is hands down the best driving truck I have ever owned.

·
Registered
66,313 Posts
the 2004 Ram(yup, had a hemi) I had was great, traded in for an 2017 Explorer a few years ago. the Explorer is nice too.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My other old car is a 1928 Ford Model A. Well, I own it but my son is the one who really drives it and works on it as in the picture.
Every other classic I have owned has been a GM car, and my modern cars are as well.
682ad578-0d84-406c-9015-bb723e7b790b-1.jpg

·
Registered
744 Posts
Not sure why but I've always likes old Beetles. I've owned this '67 since 2000. I'd also like to own a '90 Miata - I used to own one and suspect I will again soon.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just sold my supra. I had to crawl out of it 2 years ago so I parked it. Tried again last month and I'm not getting any younger. Guess i'm into my rust years.
Mike

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
In keeping with the non GM guidelines of this post, I've always really liked the '33-'34 Dodge and Plymouth coupes. They have a roof line that appears chopped in stock height, and the suicide doors are very cool!
Of course I'd still have a SBC or BBC for power.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
With the Chevy being my first car: I still have the first car I bought when married the 71 SAAB, (pre GM ownership and abandonment). There was my wife's 71 MGB in the mix but all the other cars have been SAAB's. My son-in-law now has the MGB.
P8170009.JPG

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
A callender I have is stuck on a 66 Baracuda. My Dad bought one although my Mother was bitching about it being so small and a 2 door. I loved that car. The trunk lid is very small as is the trunk space, but lifting up on a chrome bar behind the rear seat let it flip forward so you could get longer things in it. I think I figured it out while playing in it. It was a surprise to Dad when I showed him. I remember it has a 318 just like our other larger Mopars, and it had what I suppose was a vacuum gauge that was called an "economy" gauge. My brother hit an ice patch coming home and rolled it. He was OK but I sure did miss that car. I'd even like an old Valiant because earlier we went through a few of them. The pushbutton shifting on the left side was odd, and it was really easy to forget to put it park with that separate lever. The Baracuda was the first car we had with a/c. They said it was "factory air" but the evaporator unit looked like the aftermarket ones you see now for hot rods.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts