Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Good, fun question.

In the driveway right now: 2000 Ford F350, 2018 Nissan Murano, 2014 Nissan Versa, 2003 Toyota MR2, 2006 PT Cruiser Convertible, Infiniti G35 6spd Coupe. Over the years, I have owned Ford, Plymouth, Nissan, Dodge, Scion, Mercury, Porsche, Ferrari and so forth. Some came and went rather quickly, but my GM stuff has always been a little special.

·
Registered
15,450 Posts
My other car would have to be a 1932 Ford 5 window full fendered coupe with a Pete & Jakes dropped axle and a warmed over 327- 350 hp eng. Oh,i almost forgot,all steel. It'll be in my garage as soon AS I HIT THE LOTTO. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Of probably a hundred cars since my first a 57 4 dr hardtop all but three have been GM a 64 426 wedge 4 speed Polara a 36ford chevy powered of course never finished & my wife's current Toyota Avalon & that only happened because at the time GM had major issues with timing chains in the 3.6 that was & is in pretty much all they're car lines or she would be driving a Impala today.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I've always really liked the '33-'34 Dodge and Plymouth coupes. They have a roof line that appears chopped in stock height, and the suicide doors are very cool!
Took the words right out of my mouth!

In addition, they were also built with less wood than most other cars of the era, meaning they were a little more sturdy; had a frame that adapted well to current street rod suspension swaps; and had a long nose that would accommodate most common engine swaps easily. The look is both luxurious and a little mean at the same time:

·
Registered
80 Posts
So it's obvious we all love Tri-Fives....meaning we may naturally lean towards GM.

So, when your Chevy isn't looking, what other cars (old or new) do you drive, covet, or wish you had?

Must be non GM, hence the title.

Have fun!
I bought my first and only truck in 2003. It's a 2001 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 4x4. 4.7 ltr V-8. But naturally I had to peel off the cheezy stickers and give it a clean look. It now only has 60K miles and still looks mint. It's proven to be a pretty decent truck for me and has been my parts runner for the current resto-mod of my 57 150.
Dakota Rear.jpg
Dakota Front.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not drivable yet, but running is my 1950 Ford Club Coupe with rebuilt and lightly built flathead engine. It was my late father in law’s street racer back in his day. Now that I’m retired, it’s time to get this one on the road, along with my wife’s ‘56 210 that was given to her by her mom. This photo was the day it was pulled out of at least 35 years of dry storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
I almost cheated on my GM Mistress for this but I chickened out and bought Apple and JP Morgan stock for my Retirement portfolio instead..

View attachment 327705
I almost cheated on my GM Mistress for this but I chickened out and bought Apple and JP Morgan stock for my Retirement portfolio instead..

View attachment 327705
I have a choice of driving my other two Chevies if not in my Trifive. Otherwise I use a German "Tupperware" to go and buy tomatoes.

Heita!

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Vast majority of cars in family have been GM, my tri-five is a 55 utility sedan. But years ago I managed to find a 45 model WW2 Mb jeep and restored it to military spec. In June I bought a new RAM 1500 4wd truck to replace my 02 GMC. I am more than pleased with all aspects of the RAM, even the gas mileage of the Hemi (5.7L). This was the first Mopar in my family history I know of.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Vast majority of cars in family have been GM, my tri-five is a 55 utility sedan. But years ago I managed to find a 45 model WW2 Mb jeep and restored it to military spec.
I'd love a jeep like that! My brother had one and it sat for 20 years in his garage, then my other brother got it running and drove it on occasion, until it put a rod through the block. And I'm certain he wasn't revving it too high either. I drove it once and I guess all the noise the transmission made (did they have straight gears?) hid the engine knock.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I would not be caught dead owning a Japanese car or a Mopar. I do own a fully equipped 289, ac, ps, pb,1968 Mustang I learned to drive on my Dad bought new. My Dad always bought 2hts.I do not take so called Chevy guys who drive brand x daily seriously.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I don’t know how I forgot our 1986 Jaguar XJ6. When I first started dating my wife she told me her dream car was the Jaguar. She really like the classic lines of the mid 80’s sedan. So I surprised her for our anniversary with one years ago. It was in excellent condition and we never experienced the electrical issues that these were notorious for. Is was a great car to drive on the backroads here in Virginia and up on Skyline Drive. After we bought our first 57’, we seldom drove the car and eventually sold it to make room in the garage. I do regret the sale for I have not seen another in that kind of condition since.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Not drivable yet, but running is my 1950 Ford Club Coupe with rebuilt and lightly built flathead engine. It was my late father in law’s street racer back in his day. Now that I’m retired, it’s time to get this one on the road, along with my wife’s ‘56 210 that was given to her by her mom. This photo was the day it was pulled out of at least 35 years of dry storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Someone found one of my few non GM lust the 49/50 Ford coupe. Dad had one when I was young, Mom drove a 58 Impala.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts