Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
So it's obvious we all love Tri-Fives....meaning we may naturally lean towards GM.

So, when your Chevy isn't looking, what other cars (old or new) do you drive, covet, or wish you had?

Must be non GM, hence the title.

Have fun!
We drive a Classic Motor Carriages, and a Toyota.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The 318 A was used from 1957 thru 1966 when the 318 LA was introduced. I drove my parents 1964 Plymouth Fury all through high school and it had the 318. It could hold it's own Saturday night racing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My first car when I was 15 was a 39 Ford Standard Coupe.
I had been looking for one that I could afford for many years, and finally found this one
only an hour from my house.
All new car under 80 yr old all Henry Ford steel body.
355 SBC, 400 trans. Full leather interior with AC and heat
Car goes pretty good, but have yet to get the seat just right, I may convert it to bucket seats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Working on a 55 2 Door Post, hoping to have running by Christmas, it has been sitting in my barn for 12 years and before that in my deceased father in-laws barn for 20+ years.
Other rides:
1951 Chevy 3800 Truck (occasional driver / parades)
2008 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins (my ride)
2010 Chevy Aveo 5 (kid'ss ride)
2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's ride)
2017 Chevy Cruze (wife's ride)
2017 Kia Sadona (family ride)
2020 Ford F250 4x4 (work ride)

I must like Bowties by looking at my list...LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
So it's obvious we all love Tri-Fives....meaning we may naturally lean towards GM.

So, when your Chevy isn't looking, what other cars (old or new) do you drive, covet, or wish you had?

Have fun!
Fun question! Think we all appreciate the unique look, feel and style of a variety of cars. As for older cars, the '57 Bel Air Convertible I truly enjoy is accompanied by an Olds Cutlass Pace Car and a mid seventies Eldorado. On the newer car front, it's a mix - Fords and an Audi.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My friend has a Hellcat and I must admit I was amazed after driving the car. It has a feel of a 60's muscle car combined with a NASCAR stock car and 700hp. It was amazing and for me, far more nostalgic than a new mustang or camaro. He recently sold it and bought a Hellcat redeye at 797 hp, I have not driven it YET but cant wait.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Have fun!
My grocery getter is a 2006 Dodge Magnum RT. Best handling car I've ever owned, It feels like it's on rails and the small Hemi is more than enough power for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We bought this 1982 Mazda Rx7 from the original owner and fully documented 8 years ago. We love cruising in our '55 but I enjoy the Rx7 for the speed.

IMG_2084 (2).JPG 55 Belair.jpg

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
8,478 Posts
I have a 1960 Pontiac Bonneville 4 door hardtop, 1990 Ford F-250 4x4 /460/C6, and a 2013 Mercedes C300 Sport. What's sad is that my Mercedes has been to Nationals twice and my Chevy hasn't.

My short list of "I want this car next" is the following:
1. 1974-76 Pontiac Trans Am / Firebird
2. 1955 150 2 door sedan
3. 1932 Ford roadster pickup. (I already have a 59AB flathead and Muncie transmission for it)

·
Registered
28 Posts
In addition to my '56 Chevy Handyman 2 door wagon, I have an addiction to early V-8 Fords, some are original, some are hot rods, and some are projects. Nine 1932 Fords - three 5W Coupes, a 3W Coupe, a Victoria, a Cabriolet, a Roadster, a Fordor Sedan, and a Pickup, plus a '34 3W Coupe and a '37 Cabriolet. All of them are Henry Ford steel except for the .Brookville Roadster

I have enough old cars to keep me busy for decades in addition to taking care of my 2006 GMC Crew Cab 1/2T short box and our Winnebago Adventurer 38R motorhome, with which I tow a hot rod on my Alumilite trailer or flat tow either my 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4WD or my lifted 1988 Suzuki Samurai 4WD.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
In addition to my '56 Chevy Handyman 2 door wagon, I have an addiction to early V-8 Fords, some are original, some are hot rods, and some are projects. Nine 1932 Fords - three 5W Coupes, a 3W Coupe, a Victoria, a Cabriolet, a Roadster, a Fordor Sedan, and a Pickup, plus a '34 3W Coupe and a '37 Cabriolet. All of them are Henry Ford steel except for the .Brookville Roadster

I have enough old cars to keep me busy for decades in addition to taking care of my 2006 GMC Crew Cab 1/2T short box and our Winnebago Adventurer 38R motorhome, with which I tow a hot rod on my Alumilite trailer or flat tow either my 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4WD or my lifted 1988 Suzuki Samurai 4WD.

That's what I call "Living the Dream". You have a very impressive collection.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

You are my hero!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a '55 Chevy 210 4 door sedan as my toy. All the other vehicles are Fords! 2013 Expedition, 2015 Escape and a '79 Ford F100 Lariat Pick up.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts